1. How to Enter Contest: To enter, visit www.1800flowers.com/shareherstory ("Web Site"), beginning 12:00 AM ET on April 18, 2011 through 12:00 PM ET on May 2, 2011 ("Contest Period"). You may enter online only and submit your entry as follows:
Submit your personal information along with an essay about why your mom/mom figure ("mom") deserves the best in five hundred (500) words or less. You may also submit with your entry, a photograph or short video of the mom only (she should be the only person depicted in photo/video). To be eligible, the entry must meet the following parameters: 1) It must be complete and must include an original essay of five hundred (500) words or less about a living individual; 2) If submitting a photographic image, it must be in color or black and white (jpeg or gif files) no larger than 500KB in file size representing your essay; 3) If submitting a video, it must be a maximum of 3 minutes and in one of the following formats: .WMV, .3GP, .AVI, .MOV, .MP4, .MPEG, .FLV, or .MKV; 4) If submitting a photographic image or video, it must be the property of the entrant, must be non-professional, you have the consent of the mom to use the photo or video and you may need a Release from the mom depicted (at Sponsor's request), 5) If submitting a photographic image or video, it must be uploaded in accordance with the specifications set forth at the Web Site. Photographs and videos will not be judged. Limit thirty (30) entries per person, but each entry must include a unique essay and must be the sole, original work of the entrant (and if a photograph/video is included, it must be unique also for each entry). Please note, you must notify the mom to let her know you are entering on her behalf, so that she may provide approval of use of such photograph or video (if a photograph or video is submitted). By entering, you and the mom depicted in the photograph or video agree to waive any rights you or the mom may have to the photograph or video submitted (if applicable).
General Entry Information:Entries must be received no later than 12:00 PM ET on May 2, 2011. By entering the Contest, all entrants, listed moms and Grand Prize Winner acknowledge and agree that their entries become the sole property of the Sponsor, who thereby has the right to publish, display, edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, promote and otherwise use entries in any way it sees fit, including posting the entries on the Web Site for public voting during the Voting Period. Entries deemed lewd or inappropriate, in Sponsor's sole discretion will be disqualified. By entering, you understand that the Sponsor also has the exclusive right to use the entries and excerpts of the entries (essays and photographs/videos, if applicable) in any advertising and promotional materials (visual, sound, print and/or electronic form), including posting entries on its Web Site and non-affiliated web sites. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the entry from any source. Any entry or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor's sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, contains any third party materials (excluding photograph of mom) or proprietary property, or otherwise violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, trade name, service mark, logo, mark that identifies a brand or other proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, or is otherwise objectionable, will not be considered and may disqualify the entrant. Therefore, clothing worn in the photo or video should not contain any visible logos, drawings, cartoons, phrases, trademarks or other third-party materials. Entrant represents and warrants that: i) all rights to the entry belong to him/her and the entry does not and shall not infringe on any copyright or any other third party right nor violate any applicable law or regulation, (ii) he/she has the right to grant any and all necessary rights and licenses provided herein, including without limitation, all necessary copyright and other related rights to the entry, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity, (iii) he/she hereby holds the Sponsor harmless from and against any third party claim arising from use of the entry and he/she waives any right to inspect or approve uses of the entry or to be compensated for any such uses.
2. Eligibility: This Contest is open only to legal residents (including APO/FPO addresses) of the United States (excluding Puerto Rico), who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Professional writers (meaning any person who has been paid for his/her writing), employees and families of 800-FLOWERS INC. ("Sponsor"), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., their subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates and related companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate families are ineligible. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. All United States federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
3. Judging: All eligible entries received each day by 2:00 PM ET (except for the first day, which ends the following day, 4/19/11 at 2:00 PM ET and the last day, which ends at 12:00 PM ET) will be judged, to determine one (1) Daily Winner (for a total of 14 Daily Winners) from among all eligible entries submitted each day. Non-winning entries for each day will be carried forward and included in subsequent days' Daily judgings, if any. Beginning daily, April 20, 2011 through May 3, 2011, each Daily Winner's essay will be posted online at the Web Site (Daily Winners posted online will not be subject to voting by the general public). 10 Finalists will then be determined from among the 14 Daily Winners, on or about May 3, 2011. Both rounds of judging will be conducted by Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Contest, based on the criteria listed below. Submissions that contain more than five hundred (500) words or are considered inappropriate are not eligible. In the event of a tie in either round of judging, tied entrants will be re-judged based solely on Thoughtfulness, to determine the Daily Winners or Finalists. All entries must be the sole, original work of the entrant and must not infringe on any third-party rights. Judges may disqualify previously published submissions or those that have won previous awards or competitions. No information regarding entries or judging, other than as otherwise set forth in the Official Rules, will be disclosed.
Judging criteria for essay only:
- Relevance to Theme (30%)
- Most Passionately written story (30%)
- Thoughtfulness (40%)
4. Online Voting to Determine the Grand Prize Winner: The 10 Finalists' essays only will be posted at www.1800flowers.com/shareherstory, beginning approximately 8:00 AM ET on May 4, 2011 through 12:00 PM ET on May 8, 2011 and will be subject to voting by visitors to the Web Site. Visitors can only vote one time per person, per Finalist, per day. Voters are encouraged to judge the entries based on the criteria listed above. One Grand Prize winner (mom listed on winning Finalist's entry) will be determined from among the Finalists' essays according to the highest number of visitor votes received. In the event of a tie vote, Sponsor will make the final determination of the Grand Prize winner.
5. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values ("ARV"): GRAND PRIZE (1 - Awarded to the mom depicted in winning entry): A 7 Day/6 Night Cruise for two of the winner's choice on a Norwegian Cruise Line, 100,000 Delta SkyMiles (to be used towards airfare), a Tassimo Brewbot, a $100 Kodak Gallery Gift Certificate, and a Mother's Day Breakfast in Bed Gift Tray from 1-800-Baskets.com® (product code 94540). (ARV: $6,919.98). CORRESPONDING ENTRANT PRIZE (1): The corresponding entrant that submitted the Grand Prize winning entry will also receive a prize of a Tassimo Brewbot, a $50 Kodak Gallery Gift Certificate, and a Pamper Her Spa Tower from 1-800-Baskets.com® (product code 93281) (ARV: $249.98). FINALIST PRIZES (9 - Awarded to the entrant only and not the entry determined to be the Grand Prize winning entry): A Tassimo Brewbot and a Fannie May® Spring Blossom Assortments 2 lb. Box (product code 95067) (ARV $169.98 each). DAILY PRIZES (14 - Awarded to the entrant only): Sponsor's choice of one of the following: (1) Mom's Ultimate Coffee Break Gift Basket from 1-800-Baskets.com® (product code 94536); (1) The Popcorn Factory® Garden Whimsy Tin & Tower (product code T1306); (1) The Popcorn Factory® Garden Whimsy Snack Assortment (product code C1320); (1) The Popcorn Factory® Garden Whimsy 2 gallon 3 way popcorn (product code P13230); (1) The Popcorn Factory® Garden Whimsy 3 ½ gallon 3 way popcorn (product code P13330); (4) Cheryl's Spring Blooms Tin Tower (product code 66391); (1) I Love You Mom Divine Chocolate Basket from 1-800-Baskets.com® (product code 94538); and (5) $50 1-800-FLOWERS.COM® Gift Cards (ARV: between $29.99 and $59.99 each). Limit one Daily Prize per person. Prize winners will be notified by e-mail/phone at the e-mail and/or phone number used at the time of entry. The Contest is expressly contingent upon a sufficient number of eligible entries being received by the Sponsor. Prizes are not transferable; no substitutions or cash equivalents are allowed except by the Sponsor who reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability, for damages, losses or injury resulting from acceptance or use of any prize. Taxes related to the prizes, if applicable, are the sole responsibility of the individual winners.
Travel companion of the Grand Prize winner (or Grand Prize winner on behalf of minor travel companion if travel companion is Grand Prize winner's child/charge) will be required to execute a Release of Liability prior to departure. Grand Prize winner and travel companion must possess valid travel documents (i.e., valid government issued photo ID, valid U.S. passport, etc) in order to travel. Certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Timing of trip subject to availability and confirmation of reservations. No refunds or credit for changes are allowed. Cruise awarded includes a minimum category balcony stateroom cabin, for two people on any 7-day cruise for two. Actual retail value of balcony accommodation is valued at $4,600 per stateroom, per brochure rate. If actual value is less than stated ARV, difference will not be awarded. ARV is based on average of pricing currently available. The cruise portion of the prize will be awarded via cruise certificate. Cruise prize must be fully redeemed - reservation, booking and travel must be completed by April 13th, 2012, otherwise winner will forfeit prize. If the Grand Prize Winner is already a Delta SkyMiles member, Sponsor will arrange to have the miles deposited into winner's Delta SkyMiles account. If the winner is not already a Delta SkyMiles member, he/she can join for free at www.delta.com/skymiles. All SkyMiles program rules apply to SkyMiles program membership, miles, offers, mile accrual, mile redemption and travel benefits. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/skymiles. Taxes and fees for award travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. Please visit delta.com/fees for current fee schedule. Award travel seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or in all markets. Partner airline benefits subject to change and subject to the terms and conditions of each partner. All SkyMiles awarded will be bonus miles and do not count toward Medallion qualification or Million Miler status. SkyMiles offer void where prohibited by law and other restrictions may apply. All other expenses and costs, not expressly listed above, including, but not limited to, taxes, tips, entertainment, transfers, and transportation to airport to and from home residence are the winner's sole responsibility.
7. General Rules: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, submission of entry constitutes permission to use the entrant's name, entry submission (including essay and photo and video entry, if applicable), likeness and biographical information for advertising and publicity purposes, without further compensation. Potential Grand Prize winner and the corresponding entrant that submitted the Grand Prize winning entry will each be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, Assignment of Rights and where legal, a Publicity Release within three (3) days of notification attempt or if either affidavit is not returned or both affidavits are not returned, prize will be forfeited by both potential winners and an alternate will be determined. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate determination, even if an entry was posted online. All entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access provider, on line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or Web Site; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest which may limit the ability to participate or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the submissions in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest or the online voting if it becomes technically corrupted, and award the prizes based on judging criteria (if voting is canceled) from the eligible entries (essays only) received prior to cancellation. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which are final and binding.
8. Winners List: For the names of the winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope, by May 31, 2011, to: 1-800-FLOWERS.COM® Mom Deserves the Best Winners, attn: Contests, One Old Country Road, Suite 500, Carle Place, NY 11514.
9. Sponsor: The Sponsor of this Contest is 800-FLOWERS INC., One Old Country Road, Suite 500, Carle Place, NY 11514.
10. Limitation of Liability: NEITHER 800-FLOWERS INC., THEIR AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, OR AFFILIATED COMPANIES, AS WELL AS, THEIR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY OR GOODWILL. IN ALL EVENTS, THE SOLE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF SPONSOR AND ITS AFFILIATES SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ARV OF THE PRIZES SET FORTH HEREIN.
11. Governing Law & Venue: THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE & FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE CONTEST AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE SAME. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND HEREBY IRREVOCABLY SUBMITS TO THE VENUE OF THOSE COURTS WITHIN THE COUNTIES OF NASSAU AND SUFFOLK, NEW YORK.