1-800-FLOWERS.COM is challenging Twitter users to a Mother’s Day Scavenger Hunt. Search through fantastic Mother’s Day gift ideas to find the featured Mother’s Day Gift of the Day and a chance to win products for the upcoming holiday! The Scavenger Hunt, which will be hosted on the 1-800-FLOWERS.COM Twitter page, will feature clues and descriptions of Mother’s Day-themed flowers, gifts and treats, found on the 1-800-FLOWERS.COM website. The first person to locate the featured Mother’s Day Gift of the Day on the 1800flowers.com website based on clues provided via Twitter, will win that featured product! Winner must be the first to reply to @1800flowers with the correct gift name, product URL and hash tag #mothersday to win. Find the very best for her, because mom means so much!
Enter the contest for a chance to win special gifts from 1-800-FLOWERS.COM® and its suite of brands, including Fannie May®, Cheryl’s®, The Popcorn Factory® and 1-800-BASKETS.COM®.
Official Contest Rules:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES, INCLUDING THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY WHO HAVE OR OPEN AN ACCOUNT ON TWITTER.COM. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD: 1-800-FLOWERS.COM® Mother’s Day Twitter Scavenger Hunt Contest (hereinafter the “Contest”) begins at 1:01 PM EST on Monday 4/29/13 and ends at 3:00 PM EST on Friday 5/10/13 (the “Promotion Period”).
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Contest follow @1800FLOWERS on Twitter during the Promotion Period and each day clues will be tweeted to help entrants determine what the featured Mother’s Day Gift of the Day is. When you think you know what the answer is to enter reply @1800flowers with what you believe the correct answer to what the featured Mother’s Day Gift of the Day is and include a) the product name, product URL and hash tag #mothersday.. You must have or open an account on Twitter.com to participate in the Contest. Accounts are free and can be opened by visiting Twitter.com. Limit one prize per entrant for the Contest.
2A. ADDITIONAL ENTRY TERMS & CONDITIONS. Use of computer programs and/or other automated devices to enter the Contest is prohibited. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your on-line service will apply. By entering, you understand that the Sponsor has the exclusive right to use the entries and excerpts of the entries in any advertising and promotional materials (visual, sound, print and/or electronic form), including posting entries on its website, you grant any and all necessary rights and licenses provided herein, including without limitation, all necessary copyright and other related rights to the entry, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity, you hereby hold the Sponsor harmless from and against any third party claim arising from use of the entry and waive any right to inspect or approve uses of the entry or to be compensated for any such uses. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor, and may not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor
3. CONTEST PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”): Ten (10) Prizes in total, one (1) awarded each day. Ten (10) individual winners will each win a gift found on the 1-800-FLOWERS.COM website, including gifts from Fannie May®, Cheryl’s®, The Popcorn Factory® 1-800-FLOWERS.COM® and 1-800-BASKETS.COM® (gift value varies). Total ARV of all Contest prizes is $454.90 USD.
4. WINNER SELECTION: Ten (10) individual winners (one each day of the Promotion Period) will be selected. Each day the featured Mother’s Day Gift of the Day (“Prize”) will be awarded to the first eligible individual that correctly replies to the tweeted clues of that day with the correct answer, while including a) the correct product name; b) the product URL; and c) hash tag #mothersday. Limit one prize per entrant for the Contest.
All Prizes will be awarded and potential winners will be notified by their twitter address provided upon entry. Prizes are nontransferable and no cash substitutions are allowed except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to award prizes of equal or greater value if advertised prizes are unavailable.
5. GENERAL RULES: Taxes, related to the prizes are the winners’ sole responsibility, if applicable. Prize winners may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (where legal) within five (5) days of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate selection. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winner’s name, likeness, image, photo, sobriquet and biographical information for promotional purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law. By entering, entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these OFFICIAL RULES and winners release Sponsor, and their subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents and all others associated with the development and execution of the Contest from any and all liability for damages, losses or injury resulting from participation in the Contest or acceptance or use of prize. Entries will be declared to be made by the authorized account. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the Twitter account associated with the submitted correct response. Entries are subject to verification of eligibility and will be declared invalid if they are incomplete, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website; violates the OFFICIAL RULES; or acts in an unsportsmanlike, obscene or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected or damaged entries due to internet services providers service, weather, technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including for infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures or corruption of any sort, and award prizes from eligible entries received prior to cancellation. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
6. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry who have or open an account on Twitter.com. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Employees and families of 800-FLOWERS INC. (“Sponsor”) their subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates and related companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate families are ineligible. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
7. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners, visit our Winners Section from approximately 4/29/2013 through 5/25/2013.
8. SPONSOR & ADMINITRATOR: The Sponsor and Administrator of this Contest are 800-FLOWERS, INC., One Old Country Road, Suite 500, Carle Place, NY11514.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: NEITHER 800-FLOWERS, INC., THEIR AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, OR AFFILIATED COMPANIES, AS WELL AS, THEIR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY OR GOODWILL. IN ALL EVENTS, THE SOLE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF SPONSOR AND ITS AFFILIATES SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ARV OF THE PRIZES SET FORTH HEREIN.
10. GOVERNING LAW & VENUE: THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE & FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE CONTEST AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE SAME. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND HEREBY IRREVOCABLY SUBMITS TO THE VENUE OF THOSE COURTS WITHIN THE COUNTIES OF NASSAU AND SUFFOLK COUNTY, NEW YORK.
© 2013 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, INC.
1. Jeannine Scavo of Depew, NY (@Mellanhead)
2. Tiffany Sparks of Franklin, KY (@kygurl62689)
3. Brittany Duffy of Virginia Beach, VA (@MOdernisticmom)
4. Rhonda Powell Polk of Tucson, AZ (@RhondaP3)
5. Bokhyun Yoo of El Segundo, CA (@bokhyun)
6. Blake Kaplan of Gautier, MS (@BlakeKaplan)
7. Chad Poist of Charlottesville, VA (@yawpla)
8. Sandy Dulaney of Springdale, AR (@MOM4EVERANDEVER)
9. Pat Burgess of Wyandotte, Michigan (@PatCarusoBurges)
10. Phylicia Phillips of Plumas Lake, CA (@PhyliciaSP)