Flowers are a stunning addition to homes and gardens, but just like there are plants you should stay away from, there are also a select few flowers that humans shouldn’t consume. Since it can be rather difficult to tell at first glance that a flower is poisonous, though, we’re here to provide some of our expert insight on which flower species you shouldn’t eat; take a look at our guide to poisonous flowers below.
- Where they grow: Daffodils grow in temperate and Mediterranean-type climates and naturally thrive on the edge of forests and mountainsides.
- What’s poisonous: All parts of a daffodil are toxic.
- Symptoms: When swallowed, poisoning from daffodils may result in mouth irritations, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and diarrhea.