Assistant Category Manager-Gifts (entry level)
Location: Carle Place, NY
Position Type: Full-Time
A high-performing entry-level assistant responsible for assistance in creating and managing the assortment for the GIFTS category. Individual works collaboratively with the Product Development Senior Manager, Merchant and PD team to develop and manage the life cycle of the product line from inspiration and ideation to shipping direct to the consumer.
- Line List Preparation and Maintenance
- Prepare line list for new seasonal and core development reflecting a quarterly assortment plan.
- Ensure line-list accuracy through consistent monitoring and insuring updates have been reflected in the documentation.
- Communicate with vendors on obtaining pricing and packaging, and spec sheets.
- Package samples for return to vendors.
- Obtain samples for box fit and ensure ship sample approval is executed.
Procurement and Vendor Relations
- Work with Senior Manager on development of new hard goods to include plush, add-ons, and other innovative products. i.e. PSR documents
- Maintain a working knowledge of inventories for reorders, sell-through, and obsolescence.
- Understand and assist in the management of packaging and packaging approval process for gifts and hard goods.
- Ensure all gifts/hard goods are properly organized and labeled in sample room.
Gross Margin Calculations
- Attend weekly commercialization meetings communicating information regarding line list and assortment. Insuring box fit and packaging requirements are satisfied. Ensure QA requirements are fulfilled.
- Work with VR and Procurement on CSI awareness and issues resolution
- Prepare creative briefs for care cards for products that require explanation
- Ensure products in development are properly test shipped.
Photography and Creative Turnover
- Obtain quote sheets and pricing (spec sheets) from vendors on all quarterly products and pending products currently in development.
- Prepare gross margin calculations for products and maintain a gross margin book to include core every day and holiday pricing.
Live Date List (LDL)
- Prepare a monthly shot list and/or a visual deck), order in product and prepare all components for shoot to include setting and staging requirements, and product features and attributes.
- Collaborate with the photography team in helping to execute efficiently.
- When needed; be available during physical photography on site.
- Prepare a creative turnover document for the creative copy team for each month?s LDL (Live Date List) identifying the product name, key attributes, colors and descriptions, functionality, occasion, etc. This information is critical as it will be used for the creative team to write copy accentuating the best product details.
- Once the copy has been completed, work with your Merchandising counter-part to review all copy blocks for relevancy, accuracy, and salability.
- Ensure all commercialized product goes live according to the LDL (Live Date List)
- Review start and end dates, retails, names ? making certain they are accurate.
- Proper names have been listed and have been checked through legal for trademark approval.
- BA/BS in Merchandising or related field
- Solid Internship or related experience in gifting, retail, ecommerce affiliated with merchandising
To Apply: E-Mail: careers@1800Flowers.com
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.