Sr. Business Analyst–Direct Ship Operations
Location: Carle Place, NY
Department: Direct Ship Ops.
Position Type: Full-Time
Report to: Director, Vendor Relations
The Consumer Floral Brand's Direct Ship Operations Team is responsible for ensuring that consumer orders that are placed for delivery through the company's direct ship network are delivered on-time and with a degree of quality that meets or exceeds customer expectations. The Senior Analyst will be responsible for the design, development and production of ad-hoc analyses and standing (daily, weekly, monthly) reports that are necessary to run the company's direct ship channel operations efficiently.
In order to accomplish these tasks, the candidate is required to be proficient in the development of SAS queries and the various database tables that store the elements to be queried and calculated. Query development (i.e. "coding") is required daily.
The Analyst is also responsible for identifying trends, issues or abnormalities in the data and escalating to the attention of leadership. Primary areas of focus include: carrier (UPS, FedEx & USPS) performance, customer satisfaction metrics (CSIs), fulfillment workload/queue metrics, and much more.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Production of analyses and reports (including the writing of queries) required to run the company's direct ship operations.
- Partner with Vendor Relations, Direct Floral Inventory, Procurement, Merchandising and Planning on identifying areas of opportunity for improvement.
- Reconciliation of carrier (UPS, FedEx & USPS) invoices to ensure charges match activity.
- Perform data extraction and create specialized reporting systems using tools such as SAS, Access and Excel.
- Work with management to evaluate/formulate business cases for their opportunities.
EDUCATIONAL / EXPERIENCE:
- College degree in quantitative field required (mathematics/systems/business/engineering).
- SAS Programming Proficiency a major plus.
- Experience in operations and/or supply chain analytics a plus.
TO APPLY :
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.