Location: Carle Place, NY
The Category Planner responsible for item planning, purchasing, inventory management, and merchandise analysis for assigned product categories. The ideal candidate will be able to function in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects and work collaboratively across the 1800Flowers.com floral brand.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare operating reports and analyze merchandise results. Advise merchandise manager as to trends, opportunities, and recommendations.
- Prepare item sales and gross margin plans, budgets, and projections. Review plans with merchandising team, fulfillment operations, and vendors.
- Prepare requisitions and coordinate merchandise order requirements with purchasing. Monitor order and stock status to ensure timely delivery and receipt of merchandise.
- Maintain item, inventory and purchase data as required. Monitor and maintain available stock to avoid out-of-stocks and oversells. Manage open purchases and commitments.
- Manage excess and overstock inventory. Monitor and maintain overstock lists. Work with merchandise manager to dispose of overstocks through promotional plans, markdowns, and other means available.
- Partner with merchandise manager to execute operating plans and optimize sales and profitability of assigned merchandise category.
- Interface with other operating departments and vendors as required to ensure timely delivery, order fulfillment and related functions.
- Degree in business, merchandising, or related field.
- More than two years' experience in merchandise planning required.
- Experience in direct marketing, catalog, online retailing required.
- Strong analytical and planning ability and attention to detail.
- Advanced Excel required and experience using high-end planning and operating systems.
- Experience with Access and SAS or similar BI tool desired.
- Must work well with others.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and changing environment.
To Apply: E-Mail: careers@1800Flowers.com
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.