Location: Melrose Park, IL
Position Type: Exempt
Immediate Supervisor: Vice President Finance
Driect Reports: None
Primary Purpose and Function
Supports various E-commerce business goals and objectives by identifying appropriate sources of data and building reports and analysis from that data. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to suggest data-driven solutions. Distribute daily, weekly and monthly reporting / analysis to various departments throughout the business. Participate in monthly financial close process. Provide data and information related to the yearly budgeting process as needed. Coordinate, audit and execute all inventory control processes in compliance with our SOX controls.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Access, pull and analyze financial, marketing and operational data. Create standard and ad hoc reporting from data to distribute to appropriate groups within the business.
- Prepare, analyze and distribute E-Commerce Revenue, Cost of goods and Marketing reporting.
- Manage, analyze and monitor E-commerce Marketing spend vs budget and LY. Alert management to variances to forecast and budget.
- Develop efficient data pulls that manage process effectiveness thru exception reporting. Identify and resolve issues with appropriate business owners.
- Calculate, analyze and submit monthly GL calculations related to the monthly financial close for E-Commerce Revenues, Cost of Goods and Marketing expenses.
- Complete periodic analysis of other areas of the business to identify and recommend potential savings and procedural changes.
- Ensure SOX guidelines are adhered to and participate in the yearly SOX updates and testing.
- Develop and follow thru with appropriate departments projects that enhance control and cost containment related to inventory and outbound shipping.
- Assist in preparation of annual budget.
- Perform ad hoc requests for analysis of financial data.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Information Systems, Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 3-4 years' experience in a quantitative, computing or financial field.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Excel & Access.
- Experience with Oracle, SAS, SQL and/or other database tools is a plus.
Must be detailed oriented, analytical and strong at problem solving skills. Ability to communicate well with others and in a team oriented environment is required. Must be professional and flexible in all interactions.
To Apply: E-Mail: careers@1800Flowers.com
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.