Director, Enterprise Command / Network Operations Center
Location: Carle Place, NY
Position Type: Full-Time
To act as the operational nerve-center of the 1-800-Flowers.com enterprise providing 24x7x365 proactive / predictive systems management, real-time operational oversight and monitoring of the overall customer experience.
- Directly assist (hands on) the Manager of Real Time Operations in ensuring all contact center workload (calls, emails, chats, social media, order exception handling) is efficiently/effectively handed within SLA.
- Work closely with the contact center management team to ensure alignment on all performance metrics and communicate any operational issues.
- Work closely with the Manager of Real Time Operations and contact center management team to identify opportunities to automate/optimize the distribution of workload within the contact center, as well as, the efficient/effective use of agent labor
- Directly work with all managers to ensure any "white-space" is used for proactive/predictive systems management.
- Directly work with all managers to ensure development of all team members to support a more analytical/proactive environment. This includes ensuring a detailed understanding of our monitoring tools/procedures.
- Ensuring all team members have a proper level of "operational awareness" in order to properly handle any exceptions that may arise. This includes event correlation.
- Promoting a proactive/analytical culture that will allow the ECC/NOC team to identify potential operation issues before they become business impacting. This applies to contact center workload / labor mgmt. functions, as well as, the systems management function.
- Lead the team in implementing an ITIL-based Incident, Problem, Change Management processes. This includes insuring all process and procedures are properly documented, reviewed, approved and adhered to.
- Act as the primary "face" to all of our internal customers (various IT groups, contact center mgmt., end-users, and partners). This includes establishing proper SLA's and recurring check points to ensure good relationships and management of expectations.
- Continue to promote and develop a team proactive / predictive real time operations team.
- Advanced degree in related discipline preferred.
- 10 years of hands-on/technical management experience in the systems management, help desk, infrastructure.
- 3 years of call center experience. Ideally, this would include hands-on experience with any of the following:
- ACD management/configuration
- Workforce management
- Contact center related business process re-engineering
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Goal-oriented/self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Proven track record of successfully of implementing organizational change while developing productive relationships and promoting a metric-based culture for success.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work under stringent deadlines.
- Comfortable with being on-call 24x7x365
To Apply: E-Mail: careers@1800Flowers.com
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.