Director of Sales
Location: Melrose Park, IL
Establish Revenue goals for both new and existing accounts. Manage and drive sales efforts, activities and timelines towards achieving established revenue and profitability goals.
The incumbent in this position has the authority to:
- Represent and market DesignPac products to the wholesale marketplace
- Direct the activities of all personnel in the sales department
- Review, approve, deny any and all charge-backs and customer deductions based on factors within the cost system.
- Resolve customer service issues with regard to replacement products, components, or substitutions.
- Hire, evaluate and terminate personnel within the Sales Department
- Approve/coordinate all travel and logistics relative to the sales cycle of the account.
The incumbent in this position is responsible for:
- Managing customer review cycles and increasing sales to the assigned account base
- Building and Maintaining relationships with the retailer buying offices.
- Ensure that we are maintaining our portfolio of business while also initiating programs to increase and maximize the sales potential within the account base.
- Work directly and manage the NAM and NSM to ensure that we are meeting all sales objectives within the established timeline
- Responsible for delivering on targeted profit goals.
- Ensuring that we are offering the highest level of service to our customer base.
- Work with President and other key members of management to establish the sales goals for each of the accounts in accordance with the overall goals of the organization.
- Work with Accounting on a regular basis to make sure that our retailers are still financially sound. Reduce the risk associated with financial instability within the account base.
- Manage the Wal-Mart return authorization process to minimize the costs relative to prior year and keep us under our accrued amount.
- Approve costing for all of the accounts before customer presentations are held.
- Review and approve customer presentations and strategies before NAM and NSM meet with a retailer.
- Manage the product cycle from Ideation to day of event sales.
- Negotiate markdowns and liabilities in excess of our accruals to help preserve our profit.
- Involvement in all internal Brainstorm meetings, LEC's, CLR's, and SGR's.
- Create Sales plans and forecasts. Develop Customer Strategies.
- Develop and manage the sales plan to ensure that we are meeting all of our set objectives. Communicating any shortfalls to the President so that we can discuss strategies to positively affect sales to the account base.
- Work with other members of the management team to ensure that our product development strategies are aligned with our sales objectives for the season.
- Develop strategies grow the business within each of the accounts, or channel of trade.
- Work with Product Development to establish the customer review cycle for all upcoming seasons.
- This includes timeline development and management.
- Development of program objectives, price-point analysis, sku analysis.
- Pursue new accounts, or revenue streams after first qualifying the account potential and product development ROI.
- Analyze the business and competitive landscape
- Evaluate the competitive marketplace relative to current economic factors to develop a strategy for each account.
- Work with customers to get specific account feedback and strategies prior to the development cycle.
- Continually present findings to the management team, especially the Product Development group to make sure that we are well aligned with the strategies of the account prior to presenting our line.
- Manage sell-thru reports, customer service database and competitive database.
- Create, manage and present reports to support retailer strategies based on the collective seasonal data.
- Manage Licensing relationships
- Manage the licensing relationships with our licensors.
- Coordinate artwork and sample approvals.
- Communicate licensor driven changes to product development to attain full product approvals prior to going to market.
- Contract renewals and negotiations.
- Continually monitor overall processes and procedures and work with management team on continually improving these as the needs of the business change.
- Strategic Planning
- Constantly analyze the retail marketplace and develop strategies for keeping our category relevant while establishing key strategies for increasing sales.
Standards and Measures of Performance:
The incumbent in this position will be considered to be at or exceeding expectations when
- When sales and profit goals are met/exceeded
- All Licensor relationships are on good terms
- When all timelines and development cycles are executed without issue
The incumbent in this position should have, or develop, the following skills:
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Bachelors Degree in Business, or related field
- 10 or more years of successful sales experience required.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Strong negotiation skills required.
Working Conditions: Most of the time will be spent in a comfortable, well-lit office. Travel to customer appointments is required and this could involve overnight travel as well.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle control, and to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to stand, walk, and stoop. The associate will be required to transport product samples and presentations to their scheduled appointment. Same-day and overnight travel are both a requirement of this position.
Safety/ Hazards: This position requires the ability to understand and follow policy and procedures of safety rules and regulations. Must be familiar with office equipment.
To Apply: E-Mail: careers@1800Flowers.com
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.