Director, Enterprise Public Relations
Location: Carle Place, NY
Immediate Supervisor: Vice President, Enterprise Public Relations
Driect Reports: Three
The Director, Enterprise Public Relations supports the Vice President, Enterprise Public Relations to ensure 1-800-FLOWERS.COM and subsidiaries brand reputation is enhanced through pro-active public relations programs and campaigns. The strategy focuses on all aspects of the organization’s reputation and image, both directly and indirectly related to the brand. The Director, Enterprise Public Relations will guide external public relations agencies and coach the internal PR team. This role supports the business by seeking opportunities with key external stakeholders, primarily media. The Director, Enterprise Public Relations must be able to collaborate and influence key internal stakeholders cross-functionally to manage and enhance consumer, business and trade communication programs. The candidate must be an excellent project manager, possess strong media relations skills, have team and budget management experience, as well as possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. In addition, the Director, Enterprise Public Relations should be able to work well in teams, be solutions-oriented and proactive. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, poised, diplomatic and have superior multi-tasking skills that will allow him or her to work effectively and independently with senior executives, the PR Team and his or her peers.
As a senior member of the Communications team, this person will drive and execute the PR strategy for 1-800-FLOWERS.COM and its subsidiaries.
- In conjunction with the Vice President, Enterprise Public Relations, provide creative input and develop strategic consumer, business and trade communications plans to support 1-800-FLOWERS.COM and its subsidiaries. Play key role in crisis management team coordination. (30%)
- Manage and organize the execution of tactical communications plans and enterprise integration programs with the internal PR team and public relations agencies. Oversee PR agency to maximize creative thinking and productivity. Oversee PR campaigns and deliver within budget parameters. Supervise (coach/mentor) PR team members to include Manager, Enterprise Public Relations and Associate Manager, Enterprise Public Relations. (25%)
- Pitch media and follow up as appropriate. Develop, nurture and maintain relationships with appropriate media outlets, vendor partner contacts and key industry influencers. Identify and engage key "brand allies" from the press to generate and perpetuate the 1-800-FLOWERS.COM story. Prepare senior executives for press interviews including message points and briefing documents. Draft press-related correspondence (press releases, company statements, etc.), company presentations and executive profiles. Proactively lead strategic integration of public relations into all marketing initiatives and events. Scope out and generate key buzz/guerilla/viral/social marketing tactics to further engage and build loyal consumers. Provide measurable objectives, execution, evaluation and measure results for campaign initiatives. (20%)
- Plan and manage departmental processes and practices to ensure that programs are aligned with company business goals and objectives. Serve as one of the senior internal PR liaisons with all brands. (15%)
- Prepare, communicate and educate internal clients, PR team and agencies on changes in communications strategies within the organization. (10%)
At least 10% travel will be required for this position.
- Summary of Experience
- At least 8 to 10 years combined corporate and agency experience; some promotional and/or CPG/Retail PR required
- Clear demonstration of innovative approaches to publicity using modest budgets
- Relationship management with media, external agencies, and business partners
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Strategic planning, execution and budget management
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership and teamwork to achieve business results
- Must be an effective communicator with positive disposition
- Ability to plan and manage schedules for multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.