Director of Marketing
Location: Columbus, OH
Responsible for strategic and tactical direction, leading the development and execution of direct-to-consumer catalog, direct mail and internet marketing programs; leverage the company's customer database across all channels; increase customer acquisition; build high customer retention rates; achieve significant revenue growth. Expertise in database marketing across catalog, online, retail, wholesale and business gift services. Additionally, the incumbent to this position will work closely with the SVP of Marketing and the brand VP providing all aspects of marketing leadership, decision recommendations and interaction with all other functioning departments. Evaluate and develop compelling new products and business opportunities in the food gift category.
This position reports to: SVP Marketing, Gourmet Food and Gift Brands and the brand VP.
This position is a peer to: Leaders of other major functional departments: Merchandising, Operations, Purchasing, Product Development, Sales, Finance, and Interactive Marketing
Reporting to this position: Senior Marketing Manager, Assistant Marketing Manager, Marketing Analyst, Web Content Specialist, and Ecommerce/Website Coordinator.
This position has the authority to:
- Manage Interactive marketing programs
- Manage circulation and catalog development and production
- Assign resources to special projects
- Manage the marketing budget
- Evaluate and implement growth strategies
- Define and implement the total customer experience vision to build a strong brand
- Define and execute effective customer acquisition programs
- Define and coordinate Call Center support (customer contact, sales and service)
- Plan, design and manage web site creative and functionality initiatives for Cheryl's with 1800Flowers ecommerce development team
- Define, develop and execute direct-to-consumer marketing and merchandising strategies including online advertising, email, direct mail, portals and Affiliates.
- Manage SEM/SEO and organic Search systems and programs
- Define, develop and execute corporate business gift services (BGS) and Wholesale selling channels marketing strategies
- Maintain and report analytical data including customer profiles, response metrics, and product sales analysis
- Manage artwork and graphics development for print and online channels
- 5+ years related Internet consumer marketing experience.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills: Ability to forecast consumer trends as well as experience with sales curve forecasting. Experience in working on brands that have experienced growth in multichannel distribution environments.
- Outstanding knowledge, experience and understanding in database marketing and consumer relationship management as well as merchandising analytics. Experience in developing testing strategies and successfully analyzing and implementing data to determine if results are scalable.
- Strong financial acumen and the knowledge of sophisticated modeling tools.
- Visionary skills: Must have a keen interest in uncovering questions which will lead to creative new ideas to build the customer base.
- Strong leadership skills to include having mentored and trained others successfully.
- Background in catalog circulation planning.
- Strong technology skills: have an understanding of ecommerce systems; ; email systems; Microsoft Word, Excel; PowerPoint
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field.
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.