Email Operations Manager
Location: Carle Place, NY
Position Type: Full-Time
The Email Operations Manager is responsible for the operational production and execution of both revenue-producing and non-revenue producing emails. This position will work closely with the Director, Relationship Marketing and Retention in the planning and implementation of our leading-edge marketing email program.
The ideal candidate should have experience with email planning and deployment and web content management in a retail environment. The position requires technical expertise in digital marketing, combined with a thorough knowledge of best practices as it relates to email and cross-channel marketing programs.
This individual works closely with marketing, merchandising, creative, ecommerce, customer service, and various third-party vendors on a daily basis. Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Project managing all email deliverables and executing day-to-day operational tasks to support daily email schedule.
- Creating marketing briefs that clearly and concisely convey the objectives of a given campaign and communicating those requirements both internally and externally (with our Email Service Provider)
- Working with Email Service Provider to build, test and deploy email campaigns.
- Testing and QAing email campaigns to ensure quality.
- Monitoring deliverability and follow up on resulting issues.
- Maintaining reports; compiling email data and lessons learned.
- Managing project timelines for both peak and non-peak periods
- Bachelor's Degree: Marketing or related
- 3+ years working in a retail/ecommerce environment
- Familiarity with industry ESP platforms, both in self-serve and full-serve capacities
- Experience with campaign management platforms (Unica, Aprimo, etc.) a plus
Required Skill Set:
- Experience with designing and deploying email marketing campaigns
- Knowledge of email best practices, deliverablity, CAN-SPAM legislation, email success metrics
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, implementing last-minute changes as needed
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage a large number of email programs simultaneously
- Experience with cross-channel marketing
- Experience working with third-party partners
- Strong communication, project, time management, and analytical skills
- Strong business writing and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office/Google Apps
To Apply: E-Mail: careers@1800Flowers.com
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.