Immediate Supervisor: Vice President, Finance
Driect Reports: Accounting Supervisor & Financial Analyst
Primary Purpose and Function:
Reporting to the VP of Finance, the Controller is responsible for the oversight of all finance, accounting and reporting activities for both the DesignPac and 1-800-Baskets brands. The Controller will lead the yearly budgeting process as well as the monthly financial close and forecasting. The Controller will ensure that proper SOX controls are in place and followed as well as lead the yearly SOX updates and testing audits. Additionally the Controller serves as the liaison between Corporate IT and the DesignPac and 1-800-Baskets brands.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the monthly financial close activities and prepare monthly financial reports for Leadership Team along with critical assessment of financial results to budget.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the yearly budget.
- Develop, analyze and interpret accounting and operational data to appraise operating results against budget. Create, update and audit internal metric reporting to support the financial and budgetary goals of the organization.
- Lead the day-to-day finance activities including both operational accounting and analytics.
- Manage the yearly SOX activities including internal and external testing and process updates.
- Direct the inventory control and inventory management functions of the organization including bi-yearly physical inventories and ensure accurate costing controls related to cost of goods sold.
- Ensure integrity and control of critical systematic processes from which financial data is generated.
- Maintain the company's system of accounts and Balance Sheet Reconciliations to support all liabilities and assets.
- Track and provide updates on the brands' IT projects and serve as the liaison between the various business users and Corporate IT to ensure the business is supported by IT.
- Prepare ad hoc analyzes as needed that help identify risks and opportunities within the business that help meet and exceed our financial targets.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Economics. CPA or MBA a plus.
- 5-7 years of Accounting, Finance or related experience.
- Must have strong team values, excellent communication and listening skills, be self-motivated and be able to prioritize effectively.
- Ability to translate complex financial concepts and results to individuals on various levels throughout the business.
- Must be strong in Excel proficiency.
- Experience using Financial ERP software such as Oracle or PeopleSoft is preferred.
- Experience in database management (Access, ODBC, CSV) and reporting tools (SAS Enterprise Guide) is a plus.
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.