Human Resources Paid Internship
Location: Carle Place, NY
1800flowers.com is looking for a student interested in Human Resources paid Fall 2013 internship at our Carle Place office. Our internship offers the chance to join one of Long Island's premier employers and apply their education and experience in a practical, entrepreneurial setting.
The Intern will be involved in key projects in the Human Resources Department, most specifically the recruitment process. The Human Resources Intern will be heavily involved in reviewing resumes, recruiting candidates through social media outlets, meeting with hiring managers and scheduling interviews.
We are looking for an intern who has a strong ability to problem solve, multi tasking, working independently and collaboratively with others. The ideal candidate will be well versed in social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), and will have a desire to learn while they earn this Fall!
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Be extremely focused and driven on learning and growth, and not be afraid to talk to all levels of executives.
- Assist in managing all aspects of corporate recruiting
- Be able to manage large data in Excel or other Microsoft Office tools
- Be familiar with Gmail and Google Drive
- Be able to handle confidential information such as employee files
- Assist in managing new hire onboarding processes
You will LEARN:
- How to source, recruit and screen candidates
- Advance writing and interpersonal skills
- First hand experience at one of the leading entrepreneurial companies on Long Island.
- 1800flowers.com places a high value on the interns in our program and offers a rich learning experience combined with a strong culture and fun working environment .
- Our interns also use social media to stay connected with each other as much or as little as they choose to throughout the year.
- 1800flowers.com interns are exposed to our fast paced, growing organization and key leaders that drive the success of our business.
Applications are now being accepted, so don't delay. Email resume with Intern in the subject line to:firstname.lastname@example.org
To Apply: E-Mail: careers@1800Flowers.com
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.