Location: Carle Place, NY
The Merchandise Manager is responsible for developing and executing the product strategies and managing the everyday merchandising process for the Gift category to achieve or exceed budgeted revenue and profit margins. Gifts is a growing product category for the 1-800-Flowers.com brand, representing a comprehensive assortment of non-floral and hardgood gifts to further enhance the needs of the brand's new and existing customer base. The Merchandise Manager will work closely with the Director of Merchandising and other merchandising peers to deliver a world class product presentation and shopping experience through website merchandising and site optimization. The Merchandise Manager will also work cross-functionally with marketing, operations, and product development to further deliver the product strategy via a broad range of mediums such as online, print, phone, radio, tv, and email. The Merchandise Manager will drive sales, conversion, margin, inventory turn, site optimization, and manage web KPIs.
- Oversee Merchandising on the web, in e-mails, direct mail and phone to maximize profitability, revenue and consumer appeal.
- Analyze and report on performance by managing website KPI's, category conversions and AOV and rationalize all SKU's –eliminate poorly performing products and sub categories
- Partner cross-functionally to develop product and promotional plans to maximize sales, conversion, margin and inventory turn
- Create quarterly assortment plans and drive the product strategy in collaboration with the Product Development team
- Fully understand the competitive marketplace from a product, pricing and website perspective.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Merchandising or Marketing
- 4-7 years of experience in a buying, planning or web retail merchandising role
- Ability to travel as business dictates (approx. 10% of the time)
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.