Manager ? Web Site Operations
Location: Carle Place NY
Reports to: Director - Operations
- Primary responsibility for ensuring the day-to-day availability / performance of our ecommerce platform. This includes proactively analysis all aspects of the platform to identify any potential issues before they become service impacting.
- Ensure all documentation is properly maintained
- Responsible for code deployments and validations
- Responsible for coordinating all OS/DB/WebSphere patching and validation
- Work closely with our Network Operations Center to ensure all aspects of the platform are properly being monitored 24x7x365
- Act as a "Critical Escalation Manager" as needed for any Critical web site related incidents.
- Act as the primary "liaison" with all internal business and IT stakeholders for all aspects of our web site operations. This includes, ensuring all web site related Incidents, changes requests and production deployments are properly communicated to all stakeholders.
- Function as a point-of-contact for any third party partners that play a functional / operational role in our web site platform.
- Work closely with our Information Security team to be aware of any security related matters. This includes being familiar with various industry (PCI, SOX, etc.) related guidelines.
- This individual will have knowledge of security systems and strategies,open source applications/systems for code and web systems ,system monitoring and alerting using open source tools.
- Familiarity with the following a plus:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related major preferred.
- Minimum 7 years hands-on experience on WebSphere Commerce Suite, java/j2ee, struts, Linux, Oracle 11G.
- Minimum 3 years in a 24x7x365 operational management role managing technical resources.
- e-commerce / Retail experience a plus
- Agile / ITIL experience a plus
- Any experience with a multi-vendor "cloud-based" infrastructure a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work well independently.
8AM-5PM Monday ? Friday*
This position will be required to be on-call for after-hour support as needed.
* Hours may change during holiday busy season
To Apply: E-Mail: careers@1800Flowers.com
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.