Senior Network Engineer
Location: Carle Place, NY
Position Duration: Full-Time
This position requires the core competencies in various disciplines within IT Networking. The candidate will provide support in all aspects of Network infrastructure consisting of LAN/WAN, HW & SW, routers, switches, firewalls, management systems, and monitoring systems. This individual will provide diagnoses, resolution, and documentation in all aspects of supporting, implementing and managing an enterprise network environment. Resolve hardware and software network problems in a timely and accurate manner. Monitor the LAN/WAN devices including traffic and utilization trends. Document and audit cabling configurations. Design, specify, and document the LAN/WAN infrastructure in consultation with the IS Organization and according to user needs. Survey performance needs and goals of LAN users. Make recommendations to enhance operations and availability.
- Ensures that the performance and availability of the network infrastructure is maintained to the highest standards in order that maximum productivity is achieved.
- Design, Configuration, Implementation, and Support of all network components.
- Provide troubleshooting and diagnostic services.
- Manage Load Balancers, Routers, Switches, and Firewalls
- Participation in Day-to-Day Operations of Hosting and Corporate environments
- Analysis of complex network problems and coordination of resolutions
- Conduct and assists in product evaluations and research, including beta testing and analysis of network tools, hardware and software.
- On-Call for after-hours and weekend support.
- Maintain complete detail technical documentation of the network environment.
- Other functions include reviewing contracts with Service Providers, analyzing new technologies and determining their applicability in the firm's network, analyzing current WAN bandwidth usage and forecasting future requirements, and providing support in troubleshooting routing, switching and circuit problems
- Minimum 10 years in Cisco Technology experience
- Strong and Extensive knowledge of LAN and WAN based technologies and protocols, including BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, Layer 2/3 Switching & Routing and proficient in TCP/IP
- Expertise Level Layer 1 through 3 troubleshooting ability
- Minimum 7 years Hands-on experience in the installation, operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of multi-user, multi-protocol networks
- Large enterprise experience with a significantly distributed infrastructure is important (i.e. branch offices etc.)
- Hands-on experience using Cisco and other networking products, including Load Balancers, switches, VPN devices, and routers.
- Hands-on Cisco ASA Firewalls, IPSEC/GRE & SSL User VPN and Remote Access technologies
- Familiarity with network management tools such as Ciscoworks/LMS, CSM, Riverbed Cascade, Cacti, ACS.
- Experience with Cisco Wireless technologies including WCS, WLC and Light APs
- F5 LTM, GTM and AFM a plus
- In depth knowledge of Infrastructure Security and Policy
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems related field or Equivalent work experience.
- Experience working in a fast paced and dynamic Internet environment.
- Previous experience with design and implementation of large complex networks.
- Previous experience with coordinating vendors, carriers and other service provider activities
- Previous experience in developing and implementing sound operational procedures
- Demonstrated ability to completely manage a project from thought to completion. Includes managing stake holder expectations and ensuring the project completes on time and on budget.
- Must have worked on a project from beginning to end that involved a major Network roll out which can be characterized as an "Evolution of a Network"
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be willing to be "on-call" for after-hours support as needed.
- Must be willing to work extended hours and critical Holidays.
- VoIP experience a plus.
To Apply: E-Mail: careers@1800Flowers.com
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.