NOC Analyst I
Location: Carle Place, NY
Hours: 8AM - 5PM (Monday ? Friday)*
*Hours may change during holiday busy season.
As an analyst in our Network Operations Center (NOC), you will play a pivotal role in ensuring a highly available/stable service delivery platform. As a member of the operations team, you will have enterprise-wide visibility and be the "front-line" of defense in preventing, identifying and remediating any issues. In this highly visible role, you will facilitate / communicate with team members at all levels.
Some examples of the responsibilities for this role are:
- Quickly react to any events/alerts that are received ensuring proper triage and escalation in accordance with documented procedures.
- Maintain complete operational-awareness of all of our technology assets at all times while stationed at our NOC. This will require a good understanding of both the tools that are deployed to monitor these assets, a good conceptual understanding of our network topology/application portfolio, and an understanding of any current open maintenance windows.
- Strive to minimize the escalation of any false-positives or mis-diagnosed incidents that end up being escalated to our Level 2 or 3 support teams.
- Proactively monitor various application/system baselines to identify any anomalies that need to be brought to the attention of our Level 2 Production Operations team.
- Ensure all incidents are completely and accurately documented in order to facilitate any post-mortem activities and/or future troubleshooting efforts.
- If required, facilitate conference calls with other internal teams and external partners to actively troubleshoot an incident. Generally the facilitation will include assisting with securing the appropriate resources to join the call and ensuring an accurate timeline of the incident and discussions are memorialized.
- If required, provide professional, concise and accurate updates on active incidents to various stakeholders.
- Work with various groups/partners to ensure all IT assets are properly released from production prior to the start of any approved maintenance. This also includes, properly accepting those same assets at the conclusion of the approved maintenance.
- Constantly analyze our event/alert streams to identify any chronic issues and/or any opportunities to automate the correlation of the events/alerts in order to optimize NOC operations in the future.
- Initial validation of the application during any maintenance/failovers.
- Ensure all standard operating procedures are consistently followed.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related major preferred.
- NOC/Help Desk experience a plus.
- Meticulous/detail oriented individual with strong organizational skills.
- Basic understanding of Internet related technologies, IP networking, operating systems and other infrastructure components.
- Experience with any of the following a plus:
- BMC Remedy
- IBM Tivoli, Tealeaf
- Smart Bear Alert Site
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills (ability to interact with senior staff and technical personnel).
- Ability to work well independently.
- Proven problem-solving ability in both business and technical environments.
To Apply: E-Mail: careers@1800Flowers.com
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.