Oracle Team Leader
Location: Carle Place, NY
Position Type: Full-Time
The Oracle Developer will have responsibility for Application Development and maintenance of the in house ATLAS Oracle Client/Server Platform. Reporting to the Director - Floral Transaction Systems, this position requires hands on technical development and maintenance of application software and projects. This position requires the candidate to work closely with a team of onsite and offshore developers. The ideal candidate will have 6 to 10 years of relevant software development experience.
- " Solid understanding and hands on experience in PL/SQL, Oracle Forms and Stored Procedures.
- Strong SQL and database skills.
- Strong experience in UNIX and shell scripts.
- Experience in problem resolution with IT systems and individuals.
- Oral communication (customer interaction, requirements analysis, BPR, training).
- Written communication (writing project work plan, system design, user guides).
- Background in Java. WebServices, SOAP, REST, Struts, Web 2.0 Frameworks, JQuery, etc.
- Background in web system integration, especially in large-scale environments.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycles, design patterns and best practice methodologies. Experience with Agile methodologies, RUP, XP, and SEI CMM.
- Understanding of system design and development environments, such as UML, Eclipse, Ant.
- Knowledge of the retail industry is a plus.
- Oracle Client/Server Development- 35%
- Day to Day Production Support for multiple production systems- 25%
- Interface with Delivery Management team and business customers for planning- 40%
- Additionally, the candidate should be vendor and product agnostic and have the ability to adapt and absorb new and emerging standards in the software development environment such as Open Source, etc. The candidate must display the ability to lead discussions and encourage thought on enabling business value and growth through rapid integration and delivery.
- Innovation and thought leadership is a critical success factor for this position. The candidate should not just be able to think of new and great ideas, but also be able to communicate it effectively, and follow through with execution.
- Certification a plus.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to work for extended hours during peak business times, especially during Christmas, Valentine's and Mother's Day Holidays.
- Ability to work for extended hours during production deployments and crucial project phases.
- Ability to transcend timezones to effectively interface with Offshore development teams.
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Computer Science or related field. Master's Degree a plus.
To Apply: E-Mail: careers@1800Flowers.com
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.