Location: Lake Forest, IL
In accordance with the established mission, policies and procedures of The Popcorn Factory and specific instructions from the Director of Marketing the Print Manager - is responsible for establishing, planning and overseeing the overall goals and procedures for the business's print requirements. This includes oversight of the staff to plan and execute all of the required printing needs for the business which include but not limited to catalogs, test treatments, alternative media and others as needed. To achieve objectives and maximize profitability. Develop and control budgets for all print campaigns. Manage print vendor processes. Collaborate with Circulation Manager to achieve print objectives and maximize profitability based on circulation plans.
- Review marketing campaigns in conjunction with Circulation Manager to assure maximization of Marketing spend, testing and offer results, and campaign objectives.
- Present print plans in conjunction with Circulation Manager and testing plans and results to Sr Management
- Develop annual marketing print budgets. This includes implementing controls to meet business targets.
- Build mailing schedules with Circulation Manager and coordinate with all internal and external partners.
- Coordinate /Manage the Fannie May Gift List Package Program on an annual basis
- Work closely with cross functional partners such as Merchandising and BGS to ensure deadlines are met and communication is strong.
- Provide training for others to understand the processes required
- Provide strong leadership in developing and mentoring team
- Identify business opportunities and assess risks
- Lead/Participate in projects across TPF team and across Brands as needed
- Ensure quality controls are adequate and appropriate.
- Ensure decisions and thought processes are supported by analysis and correct knowledge
- Understand the impact of decisions on other parts of the business (Service Center, Fulfillment, Internet Marketing, Merchandising, and Finance)
- Compile and analyze results from other marketing efforts, and research and compare to industry benchmarks when appropriate.
- Develop and execute test strategies to drive file size and sales through the both brands web sites and through email events.
- Present data and analysis across business and brands.
- Has demonstrated executional excellence
- Ability to prioritize, and manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet aggressive deadlines
- Able to interface with multiple business units and vendors for both technical and marketing issues
- Experience in data base applications, tools and usage, and best practices around data management and Quality control.
- Be a proactive, supportive team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated basic project management skills with creative/innovative thought processes
- Detailed oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- Be able to work with limited supervision
- Demonstrated mathematical, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated decision making ability
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and train others
- Marketing intuition
- Strong computer skills?proficient in Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint. Exceptional spreadsheet capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to identify/address project opportunity and risks
- Maturity, and openness in handling different situations, personalities, perspectives
- Demonstrated initiative to improve processes
- Demonstrated management skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate analytical marketing issues/results to a wide variety of audiences.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in Marketing and/or Analytical area, this experience should include a minimum of 3 years of Direct Marketing
- Financial Analysis experience- minimum of 2 years
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably with a quantitative or marketing major.
- Database and data analysis experience required
- Prior management experience is preferred
- Must possess strong knowledge of Direct Marketing business metrics
- Minimum of 2 years of Project Management experience
Reports To: Director of Marketing
Location/Travel: Lake Forest, IL l limited travel may be necessary
To Apply: E-Mail: careers@1800Flowers.com
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.