Retail Store Manager
Reports to: District Manager
Primary Objective and Responsibility
To maximize the total profitability of the retail store business through effective sales building, public relations, hiring, staff motivation, marketing, promotion execution, and impressive guest services, while following standard operating policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Sales and Guest Service:
- Develop and implement an effective business plan with proven results.
- Maintain and grow retail sales.
- Initiate and develop new business through effective hiring, marketing, and public relations.
- Conduct regular strategy and sales meetings with team to increase associate and guest relationships.
- Support guests needs with product and/or service offerings.
- Meet and exceed monthly sales projections while maintaining strong team relationships.
- Maximize all sales and promotional programs initiated by store marketing team.
- Track and report daily, weekly, and monthly sales statistics.
- Set standards of performance and professionalism, and continually challenge the growth and productivity of all team members.
- Create an environment of innovation and growth for team members. Set benchmarks to encourage increased productivity and development.
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Continue to develop these skills.
- Provide leadership, training, motivation, and assistance to team.
- Provide regular and specific feedback on job performance. Praise and reinforce efforts, achievements, and positive behavior; coach and counsel in sub-standard performance.
- Objectively evaluate staff performance
- Immediately address unacceptable behavior. Create documentation when appropriate; maintain documentation in team member's file.
- Follow all disciplinary and termination procedures to ensure fair and objective treatment of all team members, with District Manager approval.
- Schedule management work hours using good judgment. Vary shifts to work with all team members at different times. Communicate the need to work additional hours during holidays and/or as required based on business necessity.
- Project Company brand image by implementing corporate issued Planagrams to present a unified appearance throughout our stores.
- Plan and execute perishable purchases utilizing sales projections, budgets, and sales trends, while maintaining the proper assortment of core product and seasonal additions.
- Provide a guest-friendly and associate-friendly store environment.
- Analyze team and business on a regular and ongoing basis. Document suggested changes for review by District Manager. Request resources to effectively resolve concerns.
- Accept accountability for store growth, productivity, and effective operations.
- Meet corporate deadlines for reporting sales data.
- Communicate all store goals and information from monthly manager's meetings to team members,
- Establish proper controls and checkpoints for store operating procedures. Understand policy and procedures as guidelines. Exercise good judgment with respect to making exceptions for situations as necessary.
- Perform and communicate as a professional business operator.
- Maintain accurate records of sales and employment history.
- Handle various business operating systems (BMS POS, Bloomlink, and PC).
- Handle special assignments and duties as directed by upper management.
- Delegate project work when appropriate.
- Work additional hours during holidays and/or as required based on business necessity.
To Apply: E-Mail: careers@1800Flowers.com
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.