Senior Network Engineer
Location: Carle Place, NY
Position Type: Full-Time
The purpose of the Senior Network Engineer is to provide Day to day Networking Design and Support for the 1800Flowers.com Infrastructure necessary to support business requirements.
The scope of responsibilities for this job are implementation and support of the Corporate WAN and LAN, including, VOIP, Network Security and Remote Access, Routing, Switching, Enterprise wireless, Application Networking and much more.
This position reports directly to the Senior Manager Networking and works closely with Enterprise Technical Assistance Center (ETC) and Engineering for internal support.
- Provide all levels of support for the e-commerce platforms.
- Provide LAN support on major campuses
- Manage WAN service partner to support WAN
- Provide end to end VOIP support.
- Provide network security by following industry standard network security practices and develop corporate standards
- Use network monitoring and management tools to help manage the network
- Maintain spare equipment, manage at-risk hardware
- Review and replace at-risk and EOL equipment
- Must have extensive experience working with Cisco
- Application Control Engine
- Global Site Selector
- Adaptive Security Appliance
- Content Services Switch
- All routing protocols
- Must be able to work independently with strong organizational, analytical, time management and teamwork skills.
- Must have good understanding of Network Industry Standards and Network Security Practices.
- Must have good project management skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of network performance and monitoring skills
- Good understanding of Telephony skills
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent job experience and training.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in supporting corporate networks.
- Demonstrated results in supporting major network infrastructure and e-commerce platforms.
- Minimum of 5 years managing large scale projects.
- CCNP is desired and/or other network certifications
To Apply: careers@1800Flowers.com
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.