Location: Carle Place, NY
1-800-FLOWERS.COM, INC., a leading gift company is looking to hire a professional and highly organized Senior Accountant to take hands-on responsibility for accounting, cash management, account analysis, audits and financial reporting.
As a Senior Accountant with 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, INC. you must be able to effectively prioritize multiple assignments simultaneously in a deadline driven environment. Our ideal Senior Accountant is detail-oriented, ambitious for career advancement and has great growth potential. You must be a leader who makes sound decisions with good judgment and applies strong analytical skills to understand complex concepts and procedures. You must possess exceptional verbal, written and inter-personnel skills. You must have the aptitude to be a quick learner and the ability to work independently when needed. This position reports to the Supervisor of Financial Reporting.
- Perform timely completion of monthly, quarterly and annual closing activities, G/L entries and preparing financial statements.
- Maintain integrity of balance sheet accounts through review of account activity and balances for accuracy and reasonableness and prepare adequate supporting audit schedules.
- Establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships with other employees and areas supported.
- Assist with both internal and external reporting requirements, ensuring compliance with internal controls and financial company policy compliance/governance.
- Complete daily cash report for Management, establish an effective relationship with bank personnel to coordinate and resolve various banking issues and identify enhancements to online services.
- Able to identify process improvement opportunities for processes and reporting.
- Contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- MBA and/or CPA a plus
- Minimum of four years professional experience required
- Public/private mix a plus
- Experience with a larger corporate environment a plus
- Extremely proficient in Excel (pivot tables and macros)
- Oracle experience a plus
To Apply: E-Mail: careers@1800Flowers.com
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.