Location: Carle Place, NY
Position Type: Full-Time
Sr. Analysts in the Florist Operations Team are responsible for the design, development and production of ad-hoc analyses and standing (daily, weekly, monthly) reports that are necessary to run the company's florist channel operations.
In order to accomplish these tasks, analysts are required to be proficient in the development of SAS queries and the various database tables that store the elements to be queried and calculated. Query development (i.e. "coding") is required daily.
Sr. Analysts are also responsible for identifying trends, issues or abnormalities in the data and escalate to the attention of leadership. Primary areas of focus include: florist fulfillment performance, customer satisfaction metrics (CSIs), codified product penetration, product sell-through, florist inventory levels, product issues, fulfillment workload/queue metrics, and much more.
Sr. Analysts need to come up with data driven solutions, through modeling and deep dive analysis. They need to recommend improvements and initiatives that can be built on existing processes, policies and tools, or by introducing new ones. As well as be able to communicate findings to other departments and leadership teams.
- Production of analyses and reports (including the writing of queries) required to run the company's florist fulfillment operations.
Education and/or Experience
- College degree in quantitative field required (mathematics/systems/business/engineering).
- Experience with service center environment/merchandising/product development a plus
- Must have a very high degree of analytical, mathematical and empirical problem-solving skills.
- Must be skilled in data management, analytics and reporting.
- Proficiency with developing reports and analyses using SAS is a must.
- Proficiency with coding language, I.E. SQL
To Apply: E-Mail: careers@1800Flowers.com
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.