Senior Engineer, Active Directory
Location: Carle Place NY
Reports to: Manager, AD and Infrastructure
This individual will be responsible for the design, maintenance, management, and support of all aspects of the Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory (AD) infrastructure, ensuring the security, integrity, and availability of authentication, authorization and LDAP related services. This individual will also be responsible for the build, testing and upgrade initiatives for the AD and Windows Server infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide capacity planning and performance monitoring to sustain and improve server availability and efficiency.
- Coordinate service/support needs with vendors and other areas of IT through effective collaboration and communication.
- Provide 3rd level support for Windows Server, Citrix XenApp and Active Directory for end users, application, web and infrastructure teams.
- Provide on call support for severity-1 issues that can arise 24X7 on a rotational basis.
- Perform daily backups of Windows servers and Active Directory.
- Perform all activities needed to maintain the stability and security of the Windows and AD environment. This includes functions such as monitoring AD and its components, CPU, RAM, disk space and critical services, performing periodic system health checks, managing configurations, objects and structures, performing patching, performing upgrades (hardware and software), and creating and maintaining scripts. Implement changes to Active Directory to support the needs of a project or new system.
- Follow best practices and processes based on industry and vendor published best practices.
- Provide Change Control Requests for the deployment of new applications or infrastructure related changes.
- Help to enhance existing documentation and disaster recovery processes for major systems.
- Physical and Virtual server provisioning based on standards and templates.
- Plan, Architect and Implement major projects as assigned by your Manager.
- Manage a multi-site Active Directory 2003/2008 infrastructure for the enterprise including Group Policy.
- Lead the design, implementation and support of a highly available AD infrastructure.
- Engineer, assess, and review future directory architecture solutions, 3rd party directory management tools/applications and implement life cycle maintenance processes.
- Maintain security and integrity of all Windows servers and the data they contain.
- Data Center management and proper labeling of equipment.
- Coordinate service/support needs with vendors or various other departments through effective partnership, collaboration and communication.
- Participate in security and application troubleshooting and incident problem resolutions with other infrastructure team members.
- 10+ years of experience managing and maintaining a large multi-site/multi-domain Active Directory environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Technical certifications such as MSCA, MSCE, and MCITP preferred. Citrix CCA, CCAA or CCEE are a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to transform technical knowledge into business language.
- Ability to work successfully with others in large and small teams.
- Ability to multi-task, manage deadlines and keep sight of overall objectives.
- Expertise in Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy design and management.
- Solid understanding of DNS, DHCP, DFSR, WINS, PKI, TCP/IP, WSUS, and SMTP.
- Expertise administering and managing Windows 2003/2008R2, 2012 a plus.
- Solid understanding of networks and firewalls.
- Experience building and supporting virtual servers using VMware ESX.
- Citrix XenApp 6 published apps and Citrix PVS administration.
- HP and Dell Server hardware maintenance and administration.
- Understanding of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience scripting system administration tasks in PowerShell or VBScript.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to apply them during business impacting incidents.
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.