Director, Special Projects
Location: Carle Place NY
1-800-flowers.com, a nationally recognized and leading provider of thoughtful gifts via all channels of communication is looking for a well organized, high energy person to assist on projects, initiatives and organizational development processes. The Director, Special Projects will work closely with Executives to help carry out significant leadership responsibilities. This is an opportunity to work at the center of an organization on a variety of important and often sensitive projects that require execution by a person with a high level of intelligence, the energy to keep up with a fast-paced environment, the flexibility to work on a wide variety of assignments that are deemed critically important, superb interpersonal skills, demonstrated research and writing skills and a strong commitment to the mission of the organization.
- Work on key strategic initiatives across the enterprise in key areas such as Marketing, Strategy and Social Media.
- Assist in preparing Executives for frequent meetings with key leaders to include speech writing and other communications.
- Project Manger for events, conferences and other initiatives leading to future business opportunities
- Develop and implement systems to insure that all follow-up work that emerges from frequent meetings are carried out in a timely way.
- Prepare Executives for interviews, pre event briefing, draft press releases/talking points and meet with the media. Define and deliver the company's "message" to local and national press, VIPs, and the public.
The successful candidate will have strong organizational, strategic and creative skills and be comfortable working with Senior Executives. Five+ years prior work experience in such areas as business development, media relations, television/radio production, book publicity, writing, social media, research and talent and/or brand management is preferred. Apply to: JLeonard@1800flowers.com. EOE.