Senior Producer-Corporate Communications Office of the CEO
Location: Carle Place, NY
1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc., corporate parent of 1-800-flowers.com, the world's leading Florist and Gift Shop, is looking for a unique individual who can help develop, manage and promote initiatives designed to enhance the activities of the Company's leadership. This is an opportunity to work at the center of a fast-paced and growing organization on a variety of projects spanning media, content development, project management and business development. This individual will work directly with Jim McCann, founder, CEO and Chairman and will have significant interaction with members of the Company's senior management team across the Company's portfolio of brands and businesses as well as with key external contacts. The individual will need to possess excellent organization and communication skills as well as the ability to prioritize numerous, diverse tasks, identify, secure and utilize necessary resources both internally and externally and provide relevant research and feedback to the CEO and senior management staff. The individual must possess necessary skills and experience in the use of Social and Mobile technology as pertains to media/communications to both help develop and manage the CEO's communications and activities.
- Participate in meetings, internal as well as external, with the CEO, including accompanying him on business trips, attending conferences and speaking engagements, maintaining database of contacts, developing and implementing follow[up action plans as directed by the CEO.
- Assist in preparing the CEO for his frequent meetings with key leaders, local and national press/media, VIPs, and the public; to include research and development of speech outlines, PowerPoint presentations and video development for numerous speaking engagements, preparation of briefing documents for meetings, media events and presentations; identification and management of external resources/ freelance copywriters for speech writing and presentation development
- Act as a Producer for CEO events, conferences and other initiatives including follow up leading to development of future business opportunities.
- Write, identify, retain and coordinate and manage freelance talent, edit and produce all aspects of publicity outreach including Twitter announcements, Pinterest post, blogs, white papers, interviews, podcasts, journals, webinars and customer facing presentations and other social media venues etc.
- Develop and implement systems to insure that all follow-up work that emerges from frequent meetings is carried out in a timely way.
- Accompany CEO in his travel.
The successful candidate will have strong organizational, strategic and creative skills and be comfortable working with Senior Executives. Five+ years prior work experience in such areas as business development, media relations, television/radio production, book publicity, writing, social media, research and talent and/or brand management is preferred. Please email your resume along with your compensation requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org EOE.