Sr. Systems Administrator - VMware/Linux/Unix
Location: Carle Place, NY
- Must have 5 years of VMware administration in the areas of design, implementation, capacity planning, maintenance
- Must have 8 or more years administering heterogeneous production environments on Solaris, AIX, Linux running on various hardware
- Expert knowledge in Unix/Linux; experienced in architecting, designing and deploying virtualized infrastructure in VMware environment.
- Should be able to manage day to day activities, projects and track status.
- Expert in configuring and managing HP blade centers and Virtual connects.
- Working experience with vSphere systems administration and support including VMotion, HA, DRS, VDS, Affinity rules, VCenter, storage migrations, and P2V migrations
- Working experience on Private and Hybrid cloud environments
- Experience with vSphere problem determination, capacity planning and root cause analysis.
- Working experience with vSphere Distributed Switch, power shell and vShield zones
- Working experience with configuring and deploying VMware ESX on HP Proliant servers and HP Blades
- Good understanding of related storage technologies e.g. SAN, NAS using block storage, NFS and ISCSI.
- Experience with high availability and disaster recovery solutions and tools including clustering, load balancing, etc.
- Ability to operate across multiple projects concurrently and assume the responsibility for the technical and architectural implementation of projects
- Ability to lead and collaborate at the executive level and excellent customer service skills
- Self-motivated who takes initiative and works well in a team environment with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
Areas of Responsibility
- Manage full life cycle of large and complex infrastructure projects
- Lead internal and client meetings with thorough documentation and rigorous follow-up
- Day to Day system administration of VMware, Linux, AIX and Solaris
- Install, configure and manage VCenter
- Design and implement cloud solutions
- Setup, Install and configure ESX servers
- Automated Installation ESX and Linux guests with kickstart
- Setup, Install and configure HP Blade chassis
- Setup and configure HA, VMotion, DRS
- Plan for Disaster Recovery and Business continuity for various systems
- Providing on call support 24/7 on a rotation basis
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) (Required)
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP)(Desired)
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)(Desired)
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.