Location: Carle Place, NY
Department: Office of the CEO
1-800-FLOWERS.COM, a nationally recognized and leading provider of thoughtful gifts via all channels of communication is looking for a well organized, high energy person to assist on projects, initiatives and organizational development processes. The Director, Special Projects will work closely with Executives to help carry out significant leadership responsibilities. This is an opportunity to work at the center of an organization on a variety of important and often sensitive projects that require execution by a person with a high level of intelligence, the energy to keep up with a fast-paced environment, the flexibility to work on a wide variety of assignments that are deemed critically important, superb interpersonal skills, demonstrated research and writing skills and a strong commitment to the mission of the organization.
- Work on strategic initiatives across the enterprise in key areas such as Marketing, Strategy and Social Media.
- Prepare Executives for interviews by conducting research on various topics, people, business government and political issues.
- Draft press releases/talking points and meet with the media.
- Define and deliver the company's "message" to local and national press, VIPs, and the public.
- Conduct in-depth research for Senior Executives centered on business initiatives and growth opportunities.
- Write business proposals, briefs and backgrounds for Executive presentation that will be used to grow and develop our brands.
- Manage projects that cross multiple businesses and functions.
- Prepare internal and external presentations.
- Review and assess new business opportunities.
- Present business concepts and ideas to Senior Executives.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- MBA preferred with prior consulting and/or military experience a plus.
- 2-5 years prior work experience is preferred.
- The successful candidate will have strong organizational, strategic and creative skills and be comfortable working with Senior Executives.
TO APPLY :
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.