Manager, Strategic Analysis
Location: Carle Place, NY
Position Type: Full-Time
The Manager of Strategic Analysis will play an integral role in developing actionable insights that drive the brand's marketing strategies and informs our integrated marketing campaigns. Working closely with the Marketing Planning and Strategy team as well as cross-functional internal stakeholders, this position will analyze business performance, the competitive landscape, and our tactics to make recommendations for improvements to marketing strategies that produce strong growth and profitability for the brand.
This position requires an enthusiastic multi-tasker with strong attention to detail, excellent analytical skills, and an ability to build relationships across internal audiences, including senior members of the leadership team. We are also seeking someone who has a "/can do" attitude and is used to data-driven tactical judgments. We offer an accelerated career trajectory and a chance to learn from industry leaders and alumni from the best advertising, consulting and technology companies. We are a flat, dynamic and highly focused team and have fun while producing strong growth and revenue.
This individual should have 3+ years relevant work experience; retail/ecommerce experience preferred. They need to be a strategic and analytical thinker as well as a self starter, with the know-how, experience, and enthusiasm to hit the ground running and to make significant impact to an existing multi-million dollar business.
- Design, administer, analyze, and report on customer and gift recipient research, website analysis and brand awareness research
- Understand key drivers of customer satisfaction across all aspects of the customer experience, including website and product fulfillment and make recommendations to improve performance
- Conduct competitive reviews to provide team with insights into competitor's strategies, spending, tactics, messages and offers. Evaluate impacts to industry market share
- Spearhead data collection and analysis for post-campaign strategic reviews to understand impact of external factors and marketing efforts across channels
- Identify and implement new sources of data and improvements to the analysis and reporting conducted by the brand that will increase our understanding of the marketplace and our results
- Support development of seasonal and weekly go-to-market plans through analysis of past performance, competitive landscape, and thorough understanding of previous year tactics and events
- Master the internal data tools and be a key point of contact for marketing data needs.
- Aid in development of weekly marketing plans and presentations for brand team meetings
- Identify opportunities for improvement across all assigned areas of responsibility
- Leverage current news and research in traditional marketing channels as well as emerging non-traditional channels to enhance the effectiveness of marketing initiatives
- Attend relevant internal meetings and present findings and recommendations
- Develop sustainable relationships with key departments and leaders including marketing, merchandising, finance and analytics and decision support
- Develop strong relationships with marketing partners to understand drivers of campaign effectiveness, collect required information, recommend areas for improvement and overcome emerging challenges
- Customer Satisfaction Orientation: Delivering exceptional satisfaction to internal customers through transparent collaboration and sustainably broadening and deepening such relationships.
- Results-driven: Successfully deliver assigned goals, complete tasks diligently and positively impact the collective results of the organization
- Team work: Consistently working well with a diverse group of colleagues and team members with sensitivity and supportive attitude
- Strong communication: Exceptional skills in written and verbal communication
- Commitment to excellence: Proactive and passionate
- 3+ years of relevant analytical experience within a marketing or consulting organization; experience at top e-commerce or retail organization preferred
- High analytical horsepower to drive strategic interpretation of marketing activities and develop insights that positively impact decision-making
- Strong understanding of the online marketing and merchandising environment a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally is a key success factor
- Ability to multitask, handle pressure and meet deadlines in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Advanced computer skills are required including MS Office Suite and the ability to learn and utilize internal applications and external data sources
- College degree required, advanced degree a plus. We welcome applicants with non-traditional educational and professional experiences
To Apply: E-Mail: careers@1800Flowers.com
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.