Systems Administrator (LINUX)
Location: Carle Place, NY
Strong Linux Systems Administrator with Storage experience and high potential to adapt new technologies. This position is in a team of skilled and dynamic individuals to support a 24x7 Unix/Linux/EMC Storage infrastructure.
A candidate should be able to learn on the job and demonstrate the desire to grow beyond core system administration skills. We are looking for a candidate with a passion for technology that is capable of innovative thinking and the ability to break down and dig into the details of problems.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, building new servers, provisioning storage, performing application setup, hardware and OS upgrades, diagnosing issues with applications running on the server, shell scripting, debugging network configuration, responding to problem tickets for issues reported by clients, writing formal RCA for production problems, providing feedback to architecture and development teams, providing coverage on our holiday peak periods and on-call 24/7 support rotation.
Should be proficient in the following OS/Hardware/Applications:
- RHEL, Solaris, AIX.
- HP and IBM Blade chassis and VMWare
- EMC Storage, Emulex HBA?s and SAN switches.
- RHEL operating system and X86 hardware on HP Proliant and IBM X series.
- DNS, Apache, Tomcat, Websphere, Weblogic, Oracle.
- Position requires 4 ? 6 years of Linux Administration experience supporting Production, Development & QA environments.
- Solid knowledge of Linux (RHEL) operating system internals, file system structures, and machine architectures Performance tuning of Enterprise servers is necessary.
- Knowledge and experience on Solaris/AIX, VMware ESX,VERITAS Suite, EMC Storage and software.
- Good knowledge of hardware technologies and systems support ? administration, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, security, and general maintenance.
- Detailed knowledge of backup, recovery, and disaster recovery (DR) schemes, schedules, and testing methodologies, storage data replication, snapshot, RAID, or data movement software, enterprise tape libraries.
- Working experience with at least one scripting tool, Perl,python, Ruby, and UNIX shell scripts.
- Adhere to firm Change Management, Problem Management polices and familiarity with ITIL or other formalized IT operations foundations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical peoples both verbally and in writing. Skill in writing concise, understandable, technical documentation is necessary.
- Flexibility in work hours as well as able to handle shifting priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment is necessary.
- Experience dealing with end-user troubleshooting requests - Ability to work within a team environment and independently is a must.
- Must be able to multi-task, be process-minded and detail oriented.
- Must have excellent written, verbal communications, good presentation and project management skills.
- Effectively communicates technical actions, ensures audience understands why/what/when work will be accomplished .
- Lead and completes tasks independently, with attention to detail and while under pressure.
- Excellent judgment, problem resolution, and decision-making skills as well as the ability to work under continual deadline pressure.
- This position involves handling machines, racking and stacking and moving them across various places.
- Experience with VMWare and Cloud computing is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
TO APPLY :
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.