Temporary Full Time Work from Home Customer Service Representative
1-800-FLOWERS.COM's customer contact center, recent winner of the global call center of the year award, is currently recruiting agents for its Work from Home Customer Service team. This team provides professional, courteous, responsive and accurate service to our customers from the comfort and convenience of their home office. Sales and Service Specialists serve as the first contact customers have with the company and will be responsible for the effective and efficient handling of customer needs. The Sales and Service Specialists will be completing transactions in real time, working simultaneously with multiple software applications; consistently following up on promises and commitments on a timely basis; appropriately identifying and escalating unresolved issues.
Successful candidates will meet the following qualifications:
- Must be a resident and live in the following states: Delaware, Illinois, Montana, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, and Oregon
- Highly PC literate and have their own PC with a reliable high-speed Internet connection
- Ability to type 35 words per minute is essential
- Prior call center experience strongly preferred
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older and have a high school diploma or GED to apply
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required. Fundamental math skills required
- Strong sales skills
- Highly motivated and Dependable
Hardware, Software, Workstation Specifications: Minimum Requirements
- Internet Connection:
- Cable or DSL provider (No Wireless or Satellite), VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) compatible.
- Minimum up load speed: 500 kbps
- Minimum download speed: 1.5 mbps
- Computer Hardware:
- 1.8 GHZ Processor (minimum of a Pentium 4 processor or equivalent processor)
- 1 GB of RAM
- Sound card with speakers
- 17" Flat Panel Display recommended (capable of 1280 x 1024), 15" minimum
- Computer Software:
- Windows XP Vista Operating or Windows 7 system
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or above
- Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Word and Excel WinZip, Adobe Acrobat reader. - Free download available on the Web
- Antivirus Software: Valid software with current and updated virus definitions.
- Telephone Requirement:
- Primary dedicated telephonic line with the ability to disable features such as call waiting, forwarding, etc. Cellular/Wireless phones are NOT permitted.
- Digital Telephones & VoIP Telephones are permitted as your primary or alternate phone lines, services such as Skype, etc. Google Voice is not permitted. Voice services such as Magic Jack that connect through a USB port are NOT permitted.
- Headsets Requirement:
- USB headset (PC compatible) with a built-in digital signal processor has a noise-cancelling microphone
- If a land based telephone line is used, a compatible corded telephone with headset capability will be required . This must be a corded traditional telephone. No cordless/wireless telephone handsets allowed. Please note you will need both a USB headset to connect to the 1800Flowers Voice service and a separate headset for your land based personal telephone.
- If a Digital Telephone or VoIP Telephone is selected as your Primary phone line, only one USB Headset will be required since it may be used for both the 1800Flowers Voice Service as well as the Personal Telephone.
- AIM: Free download available at www.aim.com
- A personal email account with a professional user name.
- Office Furniture: A sturdy desk and a comfortable sturdy chair at a comfortable height with adequate back support. (5 legged chair highly recommended)
- Battery Backup: UPS/Battery Power Supply including surge
- Your workstation must be in a private, quiet area away from others in your residence and background noise
How To Apply
Please provide us with your contact information so we can email you when we begin hiring for the next holiday. Please provide us your name, email address, your telephone number and the state in which your reside.
How to Apply
Please click on the link below to begin the application process