Trainer and Business Generalist: Fruit Bouquets by 1800-Flowers
Location: Carle Place, NY
Position Type: Full-Time
The Trainer and Business Generalist for Fruit Bouquets by 1800-Flowers will be primarily responsible for providing training to fulfilling shops/facilities, as well as continuously enhancing and improving the training program, managing training schedules, developing and maintain training materials, and researching/documenting best practices to support shops in the production and delivery of the brand's products. The role also requires oversight of fulfilling shops/facilities to ensure that they are compliant with the brand's policies, practices taught during training, and with local regulations as applicable.
As a Business Generalist, this person will also be required to assist with: 1) specific tasks such as the development of in-store displays, reference/recipe guides, posters and other types of operational and marketing collateral, and 2) provide support in multiple capacities and in the performance of various cross-functional tasks, ranging from marketing, merchandising, system setup, operations, and more.
This position requires a substantial amount of travel. Additionally, the position requires excellent written and oral communication skills, frequent cross-departmental communication, and a substantial amount of interaction with fulfilling shop/facility owners and operators.
- Develop, maintain and implement the Fruit Bouquets training program for fulfilling shops/facilities.
- Work closely with Director of Fruit Bouquets to coordinate training schedule.
- Work closely with Director of Fruit Bouquets to develop a secret shopper program in order to monitor quality and compliance at the shop/facility level.
- Capture, document and disseminate best practices associated with the production and fulfillment of the brand's products, with the ultimate objective of ensuring the highest product quality and highest ease of production and fulfillment.
- Producing and maintain Design Resource Guide and Retail Look Book for fulfilling shops/facilities, including development and documentation of "how to" guides and production tips.
- Provide support to Marketing function, across all marketing channels, in the development of collateral and reporting of campaign and/or marketing activity results.
- Provide support to Merchandising and Product Development functions in the review and maintenance of line lists and other ad-hoc tasks.
- Must be comfortable taking-on alternative responsibilities outside of primary training and quality control responsibilities. Must own projects and drive them to completion (propose solutions and recommendations) with limited guidance.
- Provide proactive support with any and all ad-hoc tasks required to support the brand's objectives, both during peak and non-peak seasons of the year. These tasks may include but are not limited to traveling to a shop in order to support that shop's fulfillment activities for a major holiday, manage container inventory at a shop's level, and/or run reports and distribute to the team.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Prior experience in training execution and/or development (i.e. training program documentation)
- Self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced, volatile environment
- Superior project management and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
To Apply: E-Mail: careers@1800Flowers.com
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.