Fannie May Confections Brands, Inc.
Website Merchandising & Content Manager
Location: Melrose Park, IL
Fannie May Confections Brands, Inc. is looking for a Website Merchandising & Content Manager to oversee the development and execution of the company's merchandising and promotional strategies. You will develop strategy and execute taxonomy, navigation, search, promotional pages and product detail pages within FannieMay.com. Additionally, this role requires that product offerings are set up, merchandised and optimized to enhance customer experience while achieving revenue and margin objectives.
In this role, you will be responsible for day-to-day management of all aspects of the website, including product setup, merchandising, content, and QC within website content management/administration system. You will execute against promotional, tactical and product launch schedules. This position requires the ability to work cross functionally, especially as the main liaison between Marketing, IT, Merchandise and other required departments to create the optimal website customer experience to drive and grow the business.
- Manage product set-up process for new products to appear on the website
- Set-up process to include item-level content (text and imagery) for product descriptions, specifications, ingredients, usage directions
- Modify existing products with content/image updates
- Merchandise products within collection pages and continually optimize using click and sales data as guides
- Content Management ? update and maintain content on the site with the ultimate goal of optimizing conversion and driving sales
- QC of content and functionality in staging environment to avoid errors and customer experience issues
- Work with merchants and IT to resolve data issues in a timely manner
- Site Conversion ? optimize conversion, using web analytics tool and data to guide changes
- Collaborate with the search marketing team to develop and maintain website content to include SEO tags, strategic key phrase placement within compelling copy and meta data, to maximize opportunities for search engine indexing, ranking, click-through, and conversion
- Coordinate promotion code setup with marketing team to ensure proper execution of promotions within the site experience
- Create URL link tagging for all website products including CoreMetrics specific tagging. Upload all link information to CoreMetrics
- Partner with marketing analyst to maintain all website link reporting documentation for sales data and projections
- Maintain calendar of planned launches, updates and promotions; manage the execution against the planned promotions and objectives
- Work in close collaboration with the Merchandise and Marketing teams to ensure goals are met across all departments
- Leads technical merchandising projects with IT team on the conception, requirements, development and deployment
- Minimum of 3 years' merchandising and/or marketing experience, with at least 3 years' experience in e-commerce website management
- BS/BA in Marketing, Business or Communications
- Experience working with web content management tools and web analytics tools (i.e., Coremetrics)
- Critical attention to detail to ensure QA testing is accurate and complete prior to moving from staging to production
- Proven experience improving conversion rates across desktop, tablet and mobile
- Experience using data to develop actionable insights, strategic direction, and make appropriate refinements; A/B and Multivariate testing experience preferred
- Strong troubleshooting, analysis, resolution skills and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast paced atmosphere is required
- Required understanding and detailed knowledge of website metrics, specifically conversion, abandonment, bounce rates, fall-out funnels, etc.
- Ability to work well within a cross-departmental team framework and drive results
To Apply: E-Mail: careers@1800Flowers.com
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.