The nature buff in your life will appreciate this lovely birdhouse inspired by the classic beauty of the traditional American home. The two-level, Nantucket-style blue avian residence, embellished with a white-lined door and windows, is a simple yet elegant gift idea.
- Completely operative birdhouse is composed of exterior grade ply-board, kiln-dried hardwoods, pine and ploy-resin, Western Red Cedar or Pine shingles and painted with an outdoor, water-based non-toxic paint
- Blue birdhouse with white-lined window and doors
- Contains a removable back wall for easy cleaning, side entry hole and unpainted nest box with ventilation and draining hole
- Outdoor use only
- Measures 10.25"H x 7.25"W x 10.75"D
When birds migrate home in the spring, the mother birds look for a secure home that is fixed to a post, tree, fence or the side of a house for which to make a nest.
Then, the mother birds will lay their eggs and protect their nest until the eggs hatch. They will stay and feed and care for their young until they are able to make their own way out in the world. At that point, the mother birds will abandon the house.
The owner of the birdhouse should clean out the old nest, via the removable back wall, so that the birds can return the following season to an available house.
Our birdhouses feature:
- removable back walls for easy cleaning
- unpainted interiors
This birdhouse will attract all types of wild birds.
We do not use any chemicals or sealants that could harm wildlife. However, if you wish to preserve the finish of your birdhouse, you should select a polyurethane product that is recommended for marine use and UV rated so that it will not discolor the paint. All of our products will weather over time but will continue to be fully functional.