The perfect hangout for feathered friends! This fully functional outdoor birdhouse comes in your choice of an anemone floral design with purple accents or a lily illustration with yellow accents. Made to accommodate house wrens, one of the few species that can tolerate a swinging nest box, it can also be hung on the included brass chain or fixed to a fence post. Plus, the slide-out bottom panel can be removed for easy cleaning. A great gift for your favorite bird lover.
- Fully functional hanging birdhouse consists of exterior grade ply-board, kiln-dried hardwoods, pine and ploy-resin, Western Red Cedar shingles and painted with an outdoor, water-based non-toxic paint
- Choose from an anemone floral design with bird or a lily design with dragonfly
- Includes both a sturdy brass chain for hanging and pre-installed key-hole hardware for fixing to a post
- For outdoor use only
- Measures 6.5"H x 8.5"W x 6.5"D
When birds migrate home in the spring, the mother birds look for a secure home that is fixed to a post, tree, fence or the side of a house for which to make a nest.
Then, the mother birds will lay their eggs and protect their nest until the eggs hatch. They will stay and feed and care for their young until they are able to make their own way out in the world. At that point, the mother birds will abandon the house.
The owner of the birdhouse should clean out the old nest, via the removable back wall, so that the birds can return the following season to an available house.
Our birdhouses feature:
- removable back walls for easy cleaning
- unpainted interiors
This birdhouse will attract all types of wild birds, but is designed for house wrens.
We do not use any chemicals or sealants that could harm wildlife. However, if you wish to preserve the finish of your birdhouse, you should select a polyurethane product that is recommended for marine use and UV rated so that it will not discolor the paint. All of our products will weather over time but will continue to be fully functional.