Romantic, elegant, and a symbol of femininity. That's how to describe the color lavender. It's also a fitting description of this enchanting orchid garden -- a vibrant mix of a pink Phalaenopsis orchid, a yellow Vriesea Bromelaid and a purple Guzmania Bromeliad. It arrives in a lavender ceramic planter to deliver lasting smiles to Mom, your sister, a best friend or any lovely lady in your life.
- Fresh, blooming orchid garden consisting of a pink Phalaenopsis, a yellow Vriesea Bromelaid and a purple Guzmania Bromeliad
- Arrives in a sleek ceramic planter in lovely lavender; measures 9"H x 6"D
- The full-grown plants have fully developed root systems and can thrive in low light whether displayed in the home or in an office setting
Care Tip from Our Experts
- Just two teaspoons of water in the cups of the bromeliads each week and three tablespoons of water on the soil each week will keep the orchid garden in peak shape
Orchids get most of their nutrients from the air and water, so they thrive easily, and maintenance is surprisingly simple. Follow these six care tips to keep any orchid healthy and beautiful:
- Light ? Orchids like filtered light; do not place in direct sun.
- Water ? Water once or twice weekly?more when it?s warmer, less when it?s cooler. Allow water to drain out the bottom; do not let orchid planters sit in standing water.
- Humidity ? To create a humid micro-climate around orchids, fill a dish with pebbles and water and set the planter atop the pebbles, or, gently mist orchid plants during morning or early afternoon hours. Also, grouping orchids together helps provide a humid environment.
- Fertilize ? Use a liquid orchid food about once a month. Water the plant before fertilizing.
- Air ? Orchids thrive in an environment with adequate airflow, but be sure to situate them in an area free of cold drafts.
- Temperature ? Keep daytime temperature between 65║ - 75║F /18║ - 24║C; nighttime temperatures are best dropped only a few degrees.