The beauty of this beautiful lilac shrub is watching it change from season to season! Great as both a garden or container plant, it displays bright green foliage with a burgundy tint in Fall. Then, during Winter, its highly fragrant and abundant blooms turn deep purple in bud form, before opening into rich mauve flowers when Spring arrives.
- Blooms: Fragrant mauve blooms in Spring
- Mature Size: Slow growth to 6-8' high, equal width, larger with age
- Growth Habits: Slow growing; mounding (raised into a mass)
- Light Exposure: Full sun
- See Climate Guide to learn if this plant is appropriate for your recipient
- Measures 8"H x 8"W at shipping
Add to their gift:
- Sleek, round dolce teak planter; measures 8"H x 8"D
This stunning plant can be kept in its container and placed on a patio or terrace as a striking addition to the décor. If re-planted, a lilac with such wonderful fragrance and beautiful color needs to be placed where it can be admired three seasons of the year. The unusual small growth of this shrub makes it easy to place in the front of a border, or to use as a low hedge along a drive or sidewalk.