It takes two to create an unforgettable gift. As in this pair of graceful flowering orchid plants -- a white Phalaenopsis and an orange-red Guzmania Bromeliad. Set in a ceramic planter and accompanied by a stylish bamboo trellis, they make a luxurious surprise that adds elegance and beauty to any setting.
Care Tip from Our Experts
- White Phalaenopsis orchid paired with an orange-red Guzmania Bromeliad; orchids arrive beautiful and blooming
- Planter measures 6"H x 5"D; planter color may vary
- Enhanced by a classic bamboo trellis to support healthy growth of the orchid plant; measures 13.75"H
One tablespoon of water in the bromeliad cup and three tablespoons of water in the soil once a week will help you or your lucky recipient enjoy this indoor orchid garden for weeks to come.
Orchids get most of their nutrients from the air and water, so they thrive easily, and maintenance is surprisingly simple. Follow these six care tips to keep any orchid healthy and beautiful:
- Light ? Orchids like filtered light; do not place in direct sun.
- Water ? Water once or twice weekly?more when it?s warmer, less when it?s cooler. Allow water to drain out the bottom; do not let orchid planters sit in standing water.
- Humidity ? To create a humid micro-climate around orchids, fill a dish with pebbles and water and set the planter atop the pebbles, or, gently mist orchid plants during morning or early afternoon hours. Also, grouping orchids together helps provide a humid environment.
- Fertilize ? Use a liquid orchid food about once a month. Water the plant before fertilizing.
- Air ? Orchids thrive in an environment with adequate airflow, but be sure to situate them in an area free of cold drafts.
- Temperature ? Keep daytime temperature between 65║ - 75║F /18║ - 24║C; nighttime temperatures are best dropped only a few degrees.