They're perfectly in rhythm: our tropical, deep purple Oncidium orchid plant (also known as a "dancing lady") and classic terracotta pot. Just like you and the lucky recipient of this beautiful surprise that's sure to get their toes tapping.
- Luxurious deep purple Oncidium orchid arrives budding and ready to bloom
- Set in a classic terracotta pot planter, measuring 4.75"H x 4.5"D
- Measures overall approximately 18-20"H
Orchids get most of their nutrients from the air and water, so they thrive easily, and maintenance is surprisingly simple. Follow these six care tips to keep any orchid healthy and beautiful:
- Light ? Orchids like filtered light; do not place in direct sun.
- Water ? Water once or twice weekly?more when it?s warmer, less when it?s cooler. Allow water to drain out the bottom; do not let orchid planters sit in standing water.
- Humidity ? To create a humid micro-climate around orchids, fill a dish with pebbles and water and set the planter atop the pebbles, or, gently mist orchid plants during morning or early afternoon hours. Also, grouping orchids together helps provide a humid environment.
- Fertilize ? Use a liquid orchid food about once a month. Water the plant before fertilizing.
- Air ? Orchids thrive in an environment with adequate airflow, but be sure to situate them in an area free of cold drafts.
- Temperature ? Keep daytime temperature between 65║ - 75║F /18║ - 24║C; nighttime temperatures are best dropped only a few degrees.