Magnificent magenta. Phalaenopsis is one of our most popular orchids, and ever so lovely in this deep and luscious pink. Its vibrant blossoms and enameled metal planter bring a wonderful play of drama and simplicity to this splendid dish garden.
- Magenta Phalaenopsis orchid with tropical green foliage, natural twig sprays, and a bed of jade-green moss
- Orchids arrive beautifully blooming
- White embossed-metal container measures 7"H x 7"W x 7"L
- Petite planter features two Phalaenopsis stems and measures 24"H
- Grande planter holds three Phalaenopsis stems and measures 24"H
Orchids get most of their nutrients from the air and water, so they thrive easily, and maintenance is surprisingly simple. Follow these six care tips to keep any orchid healthy and beautiful:
- Light ? Orchids like filtered light; do not place in direct sun.
- Water ? Water once or twice weekly?more when it?s warmer, less when it?s cooler. Allow water to drain out the bottom; do not let orchid planters sit in standing water.
- Humidity ? To create a humid micro-climate around orchids, fill a dish with pebbles and water and set the planter atop the pebbles, or, gently mist orchid plants during morning or early afternoon hours. Also, grouping orchids together helps provide a humid environment.
- Fertilize ? Use a liquid orchid food about once a month. Water the plant before fertilizing.
- Air ? Orchids thrive in an environment with adequate airflow, but be sure to situate them in an area free of cold drafts.
- Temperature ? Keep daytime temperature between 65º - 75ºF /18º - 24ºC; nighttime temperatures are best dropped only a few degrees.