Like a mini-conservatory, this simple whiteware square is lushly filled with greens and exotic flowers: two multi-blossomed Dendrobium orchid stems float airily above an ivy and moss ground to bring the beauty of the outdoors inside. Plant lovers will enjoy the harmony and balanced design in this tabletop garden. Add a package of Miracle Gro® Orchid Plant Food Spikes to keep your plant growing and thriving.
- Planter with two Dendrobium orchid stems and variegated ivy, lined with green reindeer moss
- Orchid arrives beautifully blooming; bloom color may vary
- Elegant whiteware container measures 5"H x 5"W x 5"L
- Plant measures approximately 20"H
Add to their gift:
- Miracle Gro® Orchid Plant Food Spikes
- Helps promote green leaves and beautiful blooms; Feeds orchids for up to 2 months
Orchids get most of their nutrients from the air and water, so they thrive easily, and maintenance is surprisingly simple. Follow these six care tips to keep any orchid healthy and beautiful:
- Light ? Orchids like filtered light; do not place in direct sun.
- Water ? Water once or twice weekly?more when it?s warmer, less when it?s cooler. Allow water to drain out the bottom; do not let orchid planters sit in standing water.
- Humidity ? To create a humid micro-climate around orchids, fill a dish with pebbles and water and set the planter atop the pebbles, or, gently mist orchid plants during morning or early afternoon hours. Also, grouping orchids together helps provide a humid environment.
- Fertilize ? Use a liquid orchid food about once a month. Water the plant before fertilizing.
- Air ? Orchids thrive in an environment with adequate airflow, but be sure to situate them in an area free of cold drafts.
- Temperature ? Keep daytime temperature between 65║ - 75║F /18║ - 24║C; nighttime temperatures are best dropped only a few degrees.