Beautifully sculpted and nurtured with great care, our unique Juniper bonsai is more than just a tree; it’s a work of art! One of the most popular of all bonsai varieties, this exceptional evergreen is a great gift idea for Father's Day—especially when you add our heartfelt “Dad” or “Grandfather” mirrored plaque keepsake, which lets you tell him how you feel in your words. "I received one as a gift four years ago, and it's still the showcase of my home office", says Joe from our Creative Services team.
- Hardy Juniper bonsai keeps its beautiful, green color throughout the year
- This handsome gift arrives with a humidity tray; measures 4"H x 5"W x 7"L
- Planter size and color may vary
- Medium measures overall approximately 8-9"H
- Small measures overall approximately 6"H
Add to his gift:
- A colored mirrored plaque with finished easel back and eyelet, so it can be hung on a wall or displayed on a shelf or table; measures 7"H x 2.5"W x 11"L
- Dad plaque sentiment reads: "A father works from dawn to dusk to make us feel secure; he often leaves his dreams behind, so our dreams can endure. He comforts us and makes us laugh, he knows just what do to; he always lets us know we're loved. That's why we love him, too."
- Grandfather plaque sentiment reads: "Grandfather, you have a kind and quiet way that is our inspiration; your spirit and integrity provide a strong foundation. You share your wisdom endlessly to each new generation; endearing you to one and all, with love and admiration."
Tips on Watering
Careful watering is key to maintaining healthy bonsai. Never allow your bonsai to completely dry out. Watering instructions may vary slightly depending on the tree or plant species. Please refer to the information tag attached to your bonsai for specific information. Over time, you will be able to evaluate each particular bonsai's water requirements and create your own watering schedule to accommodate it. Note whether your bonsai is considered an indoor or outdoor tree and refer below to more specific watering tips for each type.
Best results are achieved by watering with a small watering can or hose attachment with a fine-spray nozzle so that water cascades are softer, avoiding blasts to bonsai and potting soil. To water, thoroughly soak the container's soil until water runs out of the bottom drainage holes. Periodic misting of the tree's foliage is also recommended.
Trimming and Pinching
Bonsai trees benefit from trimming to maintain their miniature size and beautiful form. Pinch and trim new growth back to the farthest safe point, being careful not to remove all new growth. For more in-depth tips about trimming (and training) techniques, an instructional book will provide the best, safest recommendations to keep your bonsai in tip-top shape.