A play of color and light. Two-tones of pink--one bold, one beautifully delicate--create a yin-yang effect in our orchid garden. This mix of color creates a magical floralscape scaled perfectly to fit its lovely charms into home or office. Enjoy.
- Two stems of Phalaenopsis--one magenta, the other pale pink--planted with exotic foliage and covered with a soft bed of jade-green moss
- Orchids arrive beautifully blooming
- Embossed enameled metal container measures 7"H x 7"W x 7"L
- Plant measures approximately 20-24"H
Orchids get most of their nutrients from the air and water, so they thrive easily, and maintenance is surprisingly simple. Follow these six care tips to keep any orchid healthy and beautiful:
- Light ? Orchids like filtered light; do not place in direct sun.
- Water ? Water once or twice weekly?more when it?s warmer, less when it?s cooler. Allow water to drain out the bottom; do not let orchid planters sit in standing water.
- Humidity ? To create a humid micro-climate around orchids, fill a dish with pebbles and water and set the planter atop the pebbles, or, gently mist orchid plants during morning or early afternoon hours. Also, grouping orchids together helps provide a humid environment.
- Fertilize ? Use a liquid orchid food about once a month. Water the plant before fertilizing.
- Air ? Orchids thrive in an environment with adequate airflow, but be sure to situate them in an area free of cold drafts.
- Temperature ? Keep daytime temperature between 65║ - 75║F /18║ - 24║C; nighttime temperatures are best dropped only a few degrees.