Zen and the art of orchids. This elegant, low-profile ceramic box is filled with an exotically colored Phalaenopsis topped by leafy, tropical greenery. Give it the proper showplace, and this handsome planter will make the perfectly appointed highlight to any environment.
- A single, sculptural stem of novelty yellow Phalaenopsis planted with exotic broad-leaf foliage accented with natural birch twigs
- Unique magenta-centered yellow orchid blossoms
- Orchid arrives beautifully blooming
- Cinnabar-red ceramic square container measures 3.5"H x 5.75"W x 5.75"L
- Plant measures approximately 16"H
Orchids get most of their nutrients from the air and water, so they thrive easily, and maintenance is surprisingly simple. Follow these six care tips to keep any orchid healthy and beautiful:
- Light ? Orchids like filtered light; do not place in direct sun.
- Water ? Water once or twice weekly?more when it?s warmer, less when it?s cooler. Allow water to drain out the bottom; do not let orchid planters sit in standing water.
- Humidity ? To create a humid micro-climate around orchids, fill a dish with pebbles and water and set the planter atop the pebbles, or, gently mist orchid plants during morning or early afternoon hours. Also, grouping orchids together helps provide a humid environment.
- Fertilize ? Use a liquid orchid food about once a month. Water the plant before fertilizing.
- Air ? Orchids thrive in an environment with adequate airflow, but be sure to situate them in an area free of cold drafts.
- Temperature ? Keep daytime temperature between 65║ - 75║F /18║ - 24║C; nighttime temperatures are best dropped only a few degrees.