Is it possible to capture all the feelings you have for them in one single gift? In a word: yes. Our striking white Phalaenopsis orchid is set off by lush green leaves that complement its long, delicate stem and wing-shaped white or purple blooms. This particular variety is also known as the "moth orchid." We like to think it has something to do with the way their heart will flutter every time they see it! Add our exclusive orchid-scented Yankee Candle« to truly delight their senses.
- Phalaenopsis (aka ?moth orchid?) arrives fresh, budding and ready to display gorgeous blooms
- Available with white or purple blooms
- Accented with green moss and willow branches
- Set in a stunning glass cube planter; measures 5"H x 5"W x 5"L
- Measures overall approximately 16"H
Add to their gift:
- 7 oz. Orchid Garden tumbler candle, created exclusively by Yankee Candle® for 1800Flowers.com®; burn time is 35 to 45 hours of fragrance
Orchids get most of their nutrients from the air and water, so they thrive easily, and maintenance is surprisingly simple. Follow these six care tips to keep any orchid healthy and beautiful:
- Light ? Orchids like filtered light; do not place in direct sun.
- Water ? Water once or twice weekly?more when it?s warmer, less when it?s cooler. Allow water to drain out the bottom; do not let orchid planters sit in standing water.
- Humidity ? To create a humid micro-climate around orchids, fill a dish with pebbles and water and set the planter atop the pebbles, or, gently mist orchid plants during morning or early afternoon hours. Also, grouping orchids together helps provide a humid environment.
- Fertilize ? Use a liquid orchid food about once a month. Water the plant before fertilizing.
- Air ? Orchids thrive in an environment with adequate airflow, but be sure to situate them in an area free of cold drafts.
- Temperature ? Keep daytime temperature between 65║ - 75║F /18║ - 24║C; nighttime temperatures are best dropped only a few degrees.