EXCLUSIVE Rare and exotic, this graceful blue Phalaenopsis orchid is as easy to enjoy as it is hard to pronounce. Also known as the "moth orchid" because its blooms resemble graceful moths in flight, this unique beauty, with special blue enhanced bloom color, arrives in an elegant decorative planter.
- Phalaenopsis (fah-lay-NOP-sis) orchid arrives fresh and beautiful, budding and ready to display exquisite blooms with blue enhanced color
- When the plant re-blooms in the future, the orchid blooms will be white
- Set in a striking decorative planter
- Measures overall approximately 16"H
Orchids get most of their nutrients from the air and water, so they thrive easily, and maintenance is surprisingly simple. Follow these six care tips to keep any orchid healthy and beautiful:
- Light ? Orchids like filtered light; do not place in direct sun.
- Water ? Water once or twice weekly?more when it?s warmer, less when it?s cooler. Allow water to drain out the bottom; do not let orchid planters sit in standing water.
- Humidity ? To create a humid micro-climate around orchids, fill a dish with pebbles and water and set the planter atop the pebbles, or, gently mist orchid plants during morning or early afternoon hours. Also, grouping orchids together helps provide a humid environment.
- Fertilize ? Use a liquid orchid food about once a month. Water the plant before fertilizing.
- Air ? Orchids thrive in an environment with adequate airflow, but be sure to situate them in an area free of cold drafts.
- Temperature ? Keep daytime temperature between 65º - 75ºF /18º - 24ºC; nighttime temperatures are best dropped only a few degrees.