Halloween Safety Tips
Halloween can be the most fun celebration of the year as long as it is observed safely. Follow these wise steps and get ready to have a frightfully good time!
- When it comes to trick-or-treating, make sure children are accompanied by an adult at all times. Older children should walk in groups and everyone should have a flashlight for walking at night.
- Avoid unfamiliar neighborhoods and stick to areas you know.
- Be smart about choosing costumes. Make sure the face and eyes aren't covered and the costume fits properly to avoid tripping or falling. Don't put a child’s name anywhere on their costumes.
- Costumes should always be fire repellent. Wear costumes made of cotton and avoid open flames such as candles.
- Trick-or-treaters (and their parents!) should inspect all candy when they get home. Avoid suspiciously packaged or unwrapped candy.
- Be aware of those around you. Avoid strangers, don't enter strange homes, and trick-or-treat in a group if possible.
Following these safety tips can make sure that everyone has an enjoyable Halloween!