Active Directory Administrator
Location: Carle Place, NY
Position Type: Full-Time
The Server Administrator's role is to design, install, administer, and optimize company servers and related components to achieve high performance of the various business applications supported by tuning the servers as necessary. This includes ensuring the availability of client/server applications, configuring all new implementations, and developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the server environment. Where applicable, the Server Administrator will assist in overseeing the physical security, integrity, and safety of the data center/server farm.
- Develop strategies for client/server implementations; architect the infrastructure required to support those strategies.
- Lead, coordinate and participate in key process improvements as they relate to the client/server environment.
- Act as project lead in the design and review of new server systems, applications, and hardware; conduct capacity planning as needed.
- Coordinate and collaborate with network engineering, business application, and database administration function to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of corporate servers to meet business demands.
- Check help desk database for entries on server and server resource issues; prioritize and respond to help desk tickets as appropriate.
- Serve as cornerstone for escalating server issues; provide timely response to customer escalations.
- Perform file system configuration and management; define and perform server backups and recovery procedures.
- Plan and implement server upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches.
- Provide Web administration support by overseeing and maintaining Web server functions, such as assuring logging and metrics data are stable.
- Monitor and test system performance and provide performance statistics and reports.
- Manage enterprise directory services and supporting server infrastructure.
- Establish and implement policies, procedures, and technologies (including firewalls) to ensure server security.
- Assist in designing and implementing data center/server room security features, including HVAC control, environmental alarms, access restrictions, and so on.
- Define and implement strategies for integrating disparate operating environments.
- Recommend and execute modifications to server environment in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
- Conduct research on server hardware, software, and protocols in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Develop and maintain training materials and server documentation.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- On-call availability for 7 days per month.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- At least five years' equivalent work experience in a senior technical analytical position responsible for managing server environments.
- Certifications in Microsoft technologies is required.
- Certifications in CITRIX technologies is a plus.
- Knowledge of the following: Windows 2003 & 2008 Active Directory.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining all manners of server hardware and associated network equipment, including SCSI, RAID, and I/O topology.
- Experience with server performance tuning and monitoring tools.
- Strong familiarity with TCP/IP protocol and operating system configuration.
- General knowledge of RF devices and wireless networks.
- Business process and reengineering experience, as well as an understanding of the relationship between processes and policies.
- Proven knowledge of systems development life cycle methodologies.
- Extensive application support experience with end users.
- Strong understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Good written and oral communication skills; good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into server issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- University degree in the field of computer science or management information systems or a related discipline.
To Apply: E-Mail: careers@1800Flowers.com
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.