Manager of QA Analytics
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Position Type: Full-Time
The Quality Assurance Analyst will work to determine the root cause of Floral Quality Customer Service Issues (CSI's) and make supply chain improvements to prevent their re-occurrence.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Create data collection processes and define analytical standards to systematically monitor and quantitatively evaluate customer service issues (CSIs).
- Create and manage database to record floral production, shipment and fulfillment details related to CSI reports.
- Design and utilize data reporting tools to communicate CSI trends and identify possible causes.
- Incorporate data collected from inspections and testing procedures.
- Provide and monitor procedural process changes to determine improvement impact to CSI trend.
- Cross train and become proficient in cross functional team processes: Procurement, Quality Assurance and Logistics.
- Manage on-time service levels for quality analytic reports.
- Review daily quality reports, inspection reports and vase life test results.
- Optimize company sales and gross profits with the maintenance of accurate and paperless company CSI reporting and records.
- Monitor and report on inbound cold chain shipment temperatures.
- Participate in mass markets and retail florist events as determined by supervisor, and to receive feedback on product performance and service level.
- To stay updated on the floral industry by reading trade publications and attending trade shows as deemed beneficial by supervisor.
- To create beneficial partnerships with suppliers who support the company's freshness image, and maintain the integrity of the products throughout all phases of the supply chain.
- To provide daily updates to Director of Procurement, participate in regular staff meetings, and execute other good communication practices to keep all superiors informed or important information.
- To meet core attendance policies, remain open to new processes and initiatives and execute all other activities set forth by the Director of Procurement.
- Create and manage CSI tracking database. - 35%
- Design and utilize data reporting tools to communicate CSI's. - 10%
- Incorporate data collected from inspections and testing procedures. - 10%
- Implement procedural changes and monitor CSI improvement. - 20%
- Travels to production and warehouse fulfillment centers. - 10% to 25%
- Monitor inbound cold chain temperatures - 10%
- The Analyst is responsible for managing supplier, carrier and cross dock associates to insure they provide Inspection details as requested.
- Will supervise timeline activities for approximately 45 people.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's in Business Administration or related degree as required minimum with special emphasis in business analytics.
- Specific strengths in Microsoft Office Access database development or other customizable database software. Proficient in Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Floral or perishable goods Industry quality assurance experience is a plus.
- Six Sigma or Lean certification is a plus.
- Professional verbal and written skills, time management and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented, ability to manage diverse processes while not losing site of evolving goals and priorities.
- Ability to read and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Proven Analytical Skills
- Bilingual in English and Spanish languages, a plus
Provide instruction and implement procedural process changes to intercompany cross functional team members and supply chain partners (production facilities, freight consolidators and fulfillment centers).
- Ability to locate base office in Florida.
- Authorized to work in the United States or ability to obtain the same.
- Ability to travel within the U.S. and internationally.
Typing, keyboarding, reading, understanding written/verbal communication, light lifting, speaking, seeing, hearing, walking, traveling and organizing.
To Apply: E-Mail: careers@1800Flowers.com
Send your Cover Letter and Resume, including salary history, to:
Human Resources at
One Old Country Road
Carle Place, NY 11514
Only Qualified Applicants Will Be Contacted.